Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gerrard...

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
I don't think Gerrard should be dropped, because as shown against andorra (not that it should have needed doing) he won us the game. but when he doesn't play well i find it unbelievable that noone seems to have the guts to say it

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've only just come across this thread, and to be honest, I'm scratching my head on this one. No-one had a bad game, and in fact Gerrard had a decent game, which, to some, is reason enough to drop him in favour of...? Giving the ball away is always a greater likelihoods the further up the pitch you play.

I just wish some people who, when they see a player have a decent game, would have the guts to admit it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gerrard is capable of moments of brilliance, but over the course of a game these too easily blind people like Easy 10 to the fact that he gives the ball away more often than a ten year old in the playground. In football at every level possession is everything, and Gerrard squanders it more often than not. On Wednesday, Barry didn't misplace a pass until the last 5 minutes, whereas Gerrard did so in the first 5, and regularly after that. Next time you watch hin play, just count up the number of times he gives the ball away.

The fact is, for every blinding Cup Final winning goal there's a blind back pass against France that costs us a game. Drop him, and do it now!
Durr, can you just explain some long words to me cos I fink dey blinded me and I dunno what I'm reading like.

Look pal, Gerrard clearly didn't have one of his more EYECATCHING games against Russia, but take him out of the equation and you might get a clue about what we'd be missing in our midfield. He was box-to-box all night, putting in vital tackles all over the park, dove-tailing with Barry on his forays forward, making himself available for the pass, WANTING the ball and (on the whole) using it effectively.

Put it this way - do you reckon the Russians would have been GUTTED had he been carried off injured after half an hour ? Or RELIEVED ?

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
easy 10 is the king because he has loads of posts and puts some words in CAPITALS

one day i wish to be like you, sir.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Or even noticed?

did you watch the last two games? as soon as Gerrrad came off in both games the midfield tracked back 10-20 yards. but come on, if you have a better suggestion, lets hear it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No need to apologise JSD. Glad we could sort it out.
Life will be pretty good in a few days time when I'm supping cocktails on a Turkish beach.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here