Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Germany v Poland OFFICAL THREAD!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Have to say that I thought the Germans deserved to win, just about, they created a reasonable number of chances in the second half but their finishing was largely woeful. Don't think we would have much to fear from them if we met in the next round.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
brightonfan_86 said:
I'm absolutely gutted for the Poles they deserved the draw, but they can always say Who Won The War?

Missed that.

I'm sure there's millions of Poles who think they 'won' the war. Jayzus.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Cracking ground, a real old-fashioned feel to it despite being fairly new and revamped (and the old pitch is still used, and barely 100metres behind the main stand). Proper right-angled contours instead of touchy-feeling curves everywhere...

But anyway... cracking second half, and while the Polish centre-backs versus the Polish, sorry, German strikers were a compelling physical battle, you did expect the Poles to try and shake things up at the other end of the pitch a bit more...

Germany is certainly pretty joyous at the moment, whoever the host country it's good to see them succeeding - up to a point, Lord Copper...

England-Germany final would be the best, fingers crossed...
And they can certainly be beaten, easily (well, almost easily...)

Philipp Lahm is becoming a simply superb attacking left-back, though - potentially recognised as better than Carlos or Cole by the time the tournament's done and dusted...

SussexSpur said:
Philipp Lahm is becoming a simply superb attacking left-back, though - potentially recognised as better than Carlos or Cole by the time the tournament's done and dusted...

Agreed - I actually had assumed he was a left-winger the amount of times he raids into the opposition half. I wonder how strong defensively he is, he looks even smaller than Ashley Cole.

And what did people think of Odonker, the "German Theo Walcott"? He started well, lifting the crowd with his runs, then hegot booked, began to lose his way a bit to the extend that people started shouting "O Donkey" at him where I work. But he came good at the end, great cross.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
If that idiot hadn't got himself carded it would have stayed at nil-nil.

Yet when he came off the manager shook his hand. I would have given him a good BALLACKING!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Now THAT game had kind of atmosphere and nerve-shredding drama that makes for a superb world cup tie. The noise when they hit the bar twice was deafening enough at the fairly posh work cocktail party I was attending - what it must have been like in Dortmund I can only imagine. The better side won (of course) but credit to a massive effort from Poland - not good enough to go through but what a fight. Brilliant.

Depressingly, Chelsea are now said to be sniffing around at Lahm. Much as it's not unpleasant to see Bayern lose a good player, that's shite.

Just my HO but I'd say that, by now, the German side has probably delivered slightly better than most of the public there expected from them. So from now on, pretty much everything's a bonus. And they could defend last night too. I think I'm going to change my signature...

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
London Irish said:
In honour of Roger Casement :bowdown: :bowdown:

wait until I find those "Black Diaries" :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here