Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

German Grand Prix

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
True, but (a) they're not British so no reason for them to be here and (b) No one is suggesting we should be proud of them for being tax dodgers.

What I am trying to say is that no one in their right mind would want to live here on the wages they earn.

But, remember that Lewis H probably paid more income tax to the government in his first year as a GP driver than most of us would pay in a lifetime. So i think that he has more than repaid any alleged debt to this country... oh, and I believe McClaren are one of several GP teams based in the UK who employ a huge number of technical staff who DO pay taxes here....

Oh, by way off a bonus, we can add what a fantastic role model he is for young people....

the defence, rests :angel:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Prior to my cancer operation we were going to emigrate to Cyprus and fly home every other weekend to see the family and me watch BHA. The rent fora 3 bedroom flat was £1000 per year and the flights if booked as regular booking was going to be £50 return each and we could have opur pension paid into a british bank and draw the money in Cyprus. We were going to supplement our income and pay for the trips home by doing shifts in our friends bar. Would have loved to have seen the BBC On the Fiddle program sus that one out.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Grand Prix has been shit since Fangio left the scene.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No Mansell

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
.... Now thats a lovely car innit. Mazzerati.

Attachments

• 57ger01w%20Fangio%20Maserati%20250F.jpg
    57ger01w%20Fangio%20Maserati%20250F.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 92

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A great drive by the boy, he won it despite his team cocking up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's great to see other drivers get out of his way, just like they did with Schumacher. I reckon only Raikkonen and Alonso would feel comfortable going wheel to wheel with him. Massa was pathetic today.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's great to see other drivers get out of his way, just like they did with Schumacher. I reckon only Raikkonen and Alonso would feel comfortable going wheel to wheel with him. Massa was pathetic today.

I think it was a combination of a good car and the balls to go for it when overtaking.

If he had not shunted Raikonnen and been penalised 10 places next race he would be well in front.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You mean the poor ones who can't afford to emigrate to avoid taxes?

There will always be a place in, say, Oz, for people with a trade who can contribute something positive to the country. Rich or poor don't come into it. Nor does avoiding taxes really. Quality of life innit - if you take control of yer own destiny rather than just let stuff happen to you.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
but great come back drive, i thinks thats the first time hes over taken another top driver, although massa is crap.

Huh? He's overtaken all the best drivers...

Anyway, he was in a class of his own today. Superb performance. :bowdown:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
yes i clearly made the post after he'd pitted and gone down to 5th, twit.

but great come back drive, i thinks thats the first time hes over taken another top driver, although massa is crap.

And you made the post thinking he was out when you were clearly wrong - fool

I think it was a combination of a good car and the balls to go for it when overtaking.

If he had not shunted Raikonnen and been penalised 10 places next race he would be well in front.

Also would've had more if stewards hadn't forced the drive through penalty in the race he took that penalty in as well :angry:

He had clearly already made the pass before going off track, so had every right to keep the place :angry:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
True, but (a) they're not British so no reason for them to be here and (b) No one is suggesting we should be proud of them for being tax dodgers.

Tax dodging is illegal and a criminal offensive,
Tax avoidance is good accounting using the rules to your best advantage, ie moving out of the uk so your tax bill is lower
wish i could do it :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here