Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gerard-Proper Captain!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Think you've mistaken Gerrard for Barry:thumbsup:

:lolol: well, im not one to detract from Saint Barry of Sussex. but Gerrard was clearly influential, just in a deeper role thatn we're used to.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
For me Gerrard has been very diciplined and effective since partnering with Barry. Losing Lampard has been a bonus for him and us. First half today we were immense and Gerrard and Barry kept us ticking over just fine.

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
I know we have an inferior midfield to Spain, but if they can keep someone like Fabregas on the bench, surely we can keep Lampard out of the side. At the world cup having gerrard on the left clearly didn't work. Its down that left hand side that Rooney likes to drop into and to see such both influential players having no impact on the game reall didn't help our cause. In the last two fixtures our midfield has had a far greater fluidity about it. Apart from walcotts inability to deliver a decent final ball (Adam Johnson should be ahead of him) it's some of the best football we've played since that night in Zagreb.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I thought he did well. Put that amazing first-time cross/pass in that Defoe managed to fluff in the first half and put Johnson through for the goal in the second. Compare his passes and the weight of them to those cockers put in by SWP. And he battled well. A good performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here