Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Georginio Rutter - singed 19/8/24

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I agree that Gross was an excellent buy for us. He was an extraordinary player, who could put the ball on a dinner plate for Murray.

But so too was Caicedo, who played his best stuff for us. We missed him terribly last season.
Yeah, but if you spend a night watching highlights from the first two PL seasons, Gross was firmly one of the main differences between staying up and going down.

While Caicedo was important in making a good team a great team, his impact was never "we're dead without him".

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
If we’re spending £40 Million on one player, I’d hope our analytics, Bloom, Barber, Weir, Hurzeler, and even the tea lady have given the thumbs up on this one.
Sorry to disappoint you but the tea lady went to Chelsea for £10m. Somebody told Boehly that she’s got a cabinet full of cups and so he signed her up immediately. It really is a mug’s game but that one takes the biscuit. :drink:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Yeah, but if you spend a night watching highlights from the first two PL seasons, Gross was firmly one of the main differences between staying up and going down.

While Caicedo was important in making a good team a great team, his impact was never "we're dead without him".
I'm not going to disagree with you on that, as I've got a feeling you are probably correct. However, if you're asking me to spend a night watching highlights from the
first two PL seasons, I wouldn't last an hour.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Right, I confess I was a tad underwhelmed when the Rutter link first appeared a month or so ago, largely because I had it in my head that he was a failed striker and not one of The RB Leeds' best players.

But I've watched a lot of videos today and there's an awful lot to like about him if you think of him as an attacking midfielder. He's incredibly tricksy, quick, strong, has a great eye for a pass, and occasionally finishes well despite missing a few chances. He seems extremely popular with The RB Leeds fans and from what I've seen, he appears to be exactly the sort of lively personality you need around the dressing room. There can be no doubt the Albion have run the numbers on him and concluded that he's a really good fit for our game, rather than just looking at his goal output as some clubs would, so I'm converted. He's only 22: our job is to get the best out of him and make him a full France international.

The fact that his imminent departure has left so many The RB Leeds fans wailing and will also inevitably result in their only remaining star player, Willy Gnonto, demanding to leave like he did last summer is just a bonus.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Enciso insisting on going getting injured at olympics might cost him as we've since signed Gruda and presume Rutter as our 2 to share that central no.10 role behind Pedro/Welbeck or Fergie. Am sure everyone will mix around and those players may well get decent minutes wide but you have to wonder if Enciso and Buonanotte have a pathway back after being first and second choice a week ago.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Enciso insisting on going getting injured at olympics might cost him as we've since signed Gruda and presume Rutter as our 2 to share that central no.10 role behind Pedro/Welbeck or Fergie. Am sure everyone will mix around and those players may well get decent minutes wide but you have to wonder if Enciso and Buonanotte have a pathway back after being first and second choice a week ago.
Enciso is mercurial…..at his best and fit he starts imo

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ha! Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but in true NSC transfer style I genuinely DO have a mate who is a Leeds STH, and he really does reckon he's shitehouse!

(Ok, he said 'overrated' rather than 'shitehouse', but the principle is the same).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ha! Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but in true NSC transfer style I genuinely DO have a mate who is a Leeds STH, and he really does reckon he's shitehouse!

(Ok, he said 'overrated' rather than 'shitehouse', but the principle is the same).
My own Dirty Leeds mate, sent me this:

f*** you for taking our player who's great in the championship, but will sit on your bench

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

When a fan says a player who is leaving is 'shitehouse', it is good, honest sour grapes.
When 'overrated' is used, it means that he acknowledges that other fans rate him highly, but he's trying to disguise his sour grapes.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I think there’s a few ways of interpreting this deal.

1) He’s an immediate replacement for someone leaving this window.

2) It’s a return to the fabled succession planning for when someone leaves next Summer.

3) The club have identified enough attributes in his game to make them think he can be developed to play mostly as a box-to-box midfielder, rather than a 10 where we are clearly already stacked.

I’m hoping it’s mostly interpretation 3.

Leaning towards it most likely being interpretation 2 but with a hint of 3.

Fearful that it’s interpretation 1.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005

2) It’s a return to the fabled succession planning for when someone leaves next Summer.

3) The club have identified enough attributes in his game to make them think he can be developed to play mostly as a box-to-box midfielder, rather than a 10 where we are clearly already stacked.

Can it not just be succession planning for a certain attacking player in his 30's with just a year or 2 left?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Possibly also an acceptance that Baleba, while clearly a talent, isn't ready to hold down a first team place yet?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Right, I confess I was a tad underwhelmed when the Rutter link first appeared a month or so ago, largely because I had it in my head that he was a failed striker and not one of The RB Leeds' best players.

But I've watched a lot of videos today and there's an awful lot to like about him if you think of him as an attacking midfielder. He's incredibly tricksy, quick, strong, has a great eye for a pass, and occasionally finishes well despite missing a few chances. He seems extremely popular with The RB Leeds fans and from what I've seen, he appears to be exactly the sort of lively personality you need around the dressing room. There can be no doubt the Albion have run the numbers on him and concluded that he's a really good fit for our game, rather than just looking at his goal output as some clubs would, so I'm converted. He's only 22: our job is to get the best out of him and make him a full France international.

The fact that his imminent departure has left so many The RB Leeds fans wailing and will also inevitably result in their only remaining star player, Willy Gnonto, demanding to leave like he did last summer is just a bonus.
Lady W, I salute you!
Always very subtle, you're one of my favourite posters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here