Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Georginio Rutter - singed 19/8/24

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I'm on hols in the same pace where over 50 years ago, as a young lad, I excitedly listened on a crackly Radio 2 commentary, to the start of Leeds winning about 10 games on the trot at the start of a Div 1 season, easily the best side in the land.

We had recently signed Alex (oo oo) Dawson, an aging Busby babe and were as far away from Mighty Leeds as Lis Truss is from a return to power.

My, how things have changed.

(Takes out small onion).
Are you insinuating that you embrace your vacation at the same speed you did all those years ago?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Seems strange that if it was just a matter of matching release clause why this was done earlier
Albion made two earlier offers that were lower which Leeds rejected. (29m and 35m according to David Ornstein)

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I'd love to know the ins and outs of how you actually activate a release clause.

The legal department just writes to the other legal department and says we have activated the clause?

Anyone with actual knowledge on this?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd love to know the ins and outs of how you actually activate a release clause.

The legal department just writes to the other legal department and says we have activated the clause?

Anyone with actual knowledge on this?
Presumably, just send them a formal offer for the player, offering the value at which the release clause is set.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Why what? Why do I not understand the strategy?
IMO having Rutter, Gruda, Enciso, Joao Pedro, Sarmiento, Osman (+ Buonanotte) all on the books with their primary position being number 10, means we're going to have to let some of them go, but they're all really talented players and I think we should be giving them proper game time to develop here. I can't see how the club will be able to keep them all happy in the long term, and we will end up having to let one or two go for far less than had we given them proper game time to develop them. When we're spending £40million on a player we already have lots of already, that doesn't make sense to me.

You could argue some of the players I mentioned can play other positions, but then you'd have the same issue in those positions too.
I think the reality is, we’re confident we won’t make a loss on any of these players, and the players each have the choice to come here and fight to impress, whether at the AMEX or on loan. It’s a potential pathway none the less for the players and a risk/reward decision for those that want and believe they can progress. The more players we sign, the more we spread the load, the more loans we have to arrange but the more we stand to gain, as long as we do so well and we’re respectful of the young men, which we’ve proven we will be/have been. It all makes perfect sense to me, we’re just not used to it, but it’s the trajectory we’re on and I’m loving it. I know I’d rather have too many options than not enough!

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Just come off the Leeds fans’ forum ‘Marching On Together’, many of their posters have resigned themselves to losing Rutter to Brighton, some commenting on him saying farewell to the team at their training ground. No smoke without fire methinks. :unsure:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Seems strange that if it was just a matter of matching release clause why this was done earlier
We had a couple of offers rejected, just because there is a release clause doesn’t make it sensible to go in at that amount straight away. Plus we could have offered Leeds clauses that would potentially take the deal above the release clause, so dangling that carrot of future money vs a lower initial fee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here