Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Georginio Rutter - singed 19/8/24

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I mean he scored a hat trick one of the few games he played when he wasn’t injured or with glandular fever..
Yup. Anybody who thinks we should cash in now is an idiot. Most natural finisher at the club, and basically still a kid.

We have a bloody good side forming. We have brought well. I wonder what RDZ is thinking. Last summer bar Pedro he got bunch of freebies/loans. Nothing in Jan. Always the plan the spend once RDZ left...?
RDZ wanted ready made Premier league players which cost a fortune. He also wanted more say in transfers which again, we weren't going to change our model. I think the club were always going to splash out this summer but Roberto wanted it in January (allegedly)? He went public with his frustrations which didn't go down too well!

Dec 29, 2020
Leeds supporter here.

I love Georgi, he has the potential to be a great player.

I'm pleased he has gone. He was a marked man in the Championship and wasn't going to get any protection off referees. He can take it but it blunts his flair. He will do better in the Prem, and at a forward thinking club who knows what they are doing.

He is a lovely lad with an infectious, joyous personality. Look after him.
I saw the Leeds game at the weekend and he was referred to as Georginio which in fairness, is a flair name compared to Rutter.
If we are spaffing £40m on him then I think Georginio must be what he is named.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Leeds supporter here.

I'm pleased he has gone. He was a marked man in the Championship and wasn't going to get any protection off referees. He can take it but it blunts his flair. He will do better in the Prem, and at a forward thinking club who knows what they are doing.

Thanks for this.

From what you’ve seen of him can he play further back as an 8?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Leeds supporter here.

The presence of VAR should help get him some protection, at least in the box.

Thank you for coming on here to share.

Dec 29, 2020
Thanks for this.

He could do box to box, he isn't afraid of working but I'm not sure what his stamina is like.

Champ opponents were setting up to stop him, he was the focus and he still produced good figures. In a team with other good players he will find more space and shine.

Fly Georgi, fly free.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Thanks for this.

Leeds mate of mine when I asked about Rutter said:

He is a raw talent. Can be brilliant on his day. Had 16 assists for us and 6 goals last season. His finishing is wank. Real flare player and if he could finish would be worth 80 million. Plays no 10 for us. Can play on the wing too. We are f***ed if he goes as is our most creative player one his day.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He could do box to box, he isn't afraid of working but I'm not sure what his stamina is like.

Champ opponents were setting up to stop him, he was the focus and he still produced good figures. In a team with other good players he will find more space and shine.

Fly Georgi, fly free.
Thanks for this great info.

Looks like he has said his goodbyes today…☝🏻

Clearly a well loved player.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why would he fly to Biggin Hill when Gatwick is avaliable, or is this a throwback to days of yore?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here