[Albion] Georginio Rutter - singed 19/8/24

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

May 24, 2010
East Preston
Initial reaction is "why do we need another player?" and "we're turning into Chelsea" but when you look at the the ins and outs of first team players (plus those transfers expected to happen) then it makes a lot more sense:

Out:

Gross
Undav
Lallana
Buonanotte
Fati
(Gilmour)

In:

Minteh
Wieffer
Gruda
Cozier-Duberry
(Rutter)
(Ferdi)
Also out
Osiman

Also in
Yalcouye

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
And that is my only concern about this transfer as I said in my post on page 1 when we were first linked. He reminds me of him a lot.
Yep, very similar player.

I remember back when RDZ said it will be very difficult for us to keep Joao. Could well be some sort of clause in his contract.

On the other hand, perhaps we just want two top class players in each attacking position?

Welbeck/Ferguson
Pedro/Rutter
Minteh/Gruda
Mitoma/Enciso

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
whether we are anywhere near that level in midfield remains to be seen, a big ask!
Yes I agree. As always we are looking at the hype of a player, not the reality. We should probably all remember the excitement the Fati signing gave us and how that turned out!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Quite the opposite.

His similarities to JP, worry me, in case it means JP might be leaving!
Be gutted if we lost Pedro so soon.

That said, if its pretty obvious that Rutter would prefer Brighton level over Leeds currently, stands to reason Pedro would feel same if European club offering bigger wages is sniffing.

Seems inevitable that day will come, but hopefully no time soon, and unless there's some secret release clause? Bloom can just stonewall until window closes.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Meeting the release clause valuation is one thing.

Any reliable news that Rutter wants to join us?
Surely he would want to play in a top division , especially as Leeds are weaker than last season.
I guess the problem for us would be if he’s got a few suitors.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Quite the opposite.

His similarities to JP, worry me, in case it means JP might be leaving!
I doubt another club would want to pay what we would demand for JP. He did well last season but his goal tally was flattered by penalties. So there are probably question marks for top level clubs with limited budgets. If this Season goes better than last, summer 2025 will likely be his time . And for major money.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surely he would want to play in a top division , especially as Leeds are weaker than last season.
I guess the problem for us would be if he’s got a few suitors.

(From past experience and anything goes in the PL), until over the line, I always hold back a bit to allow for the W@nkstanley's and Brady/Sullivan's.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham

I remember back when RDZ said it will be very difficult for us to keep Joao. Could well be some sort of clause in his contract.

On the other hand, perhaps we just want two top class players in each attacking position?

Welbeck/Ferguson
Pedro/Rutter
Minteh/Gruda
Mitoma/Enciso
But Enciso is far better centrally than he is out wide. I worry about the Adingra rumours, I think he's massively underrated and easily our next best left-winger after Mitoma.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014

Welbeck/Ferguson
Pedro/Rutter
Minteh/Gruda
Mitoma/Enciso
Let's be honest, clause or not, it is hard to keep any player when the 'big 6' come calling or even those teams willing to double wages. Whilst annoying, it's where we are in the pecking order. I expect a big sale or two over the next t couple of windows and IF they go for acceptable fees then good luck to them. What I can't stand is players like Caicedo and Cucurella who demand a move and go on strike. Total lack of class and respect for the club that has given you your big chance. Ally Mac's departure should be the blueprint for all.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Let's be honest, clause or not, it is hard to keep any player when the 'big 6' come calling or even those teams willing to double wages. Whilst annoying, it's where we are in the pecking order. I expect a big sale or two over the next t couple of windows and IF they go for acceptable fees then good luck to them. What I can't stand is players like Caicedo and Cucurella who demand a move and go on strike. Total lack of class and respect for the club that has given you your big chance. Ally Mac's departure should be the blueprint for all.
I expect a big sale over the next couple of weeks, to be honest. The squad is far too big to keep everyone happy and PB said we'd be trimming it before too long. If you told me that WBG, JP and Adingra would all be gone by the end of the window, I wouldn't be utterly astonished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here