Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Georginio Rutter - singed 19/8/24

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
So I read he's only started 1 or 2 games upfront since new year. In my opinion he's definitely going to be a cam/cm for us. Then I guess striker cover if really needs be. Coming around to this abit more. Him baleba and weiffer is a very powerful dynamic midfield for example.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Hopefully we can shift a few more of the unwanted players now to earn a few quid back. Going to be a busy end to the transfer window!
And save on the wages bill, or at least not add to it too much.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Initial reaction is "why do we need another player?" and "we're turning into Chelsea" but when you look at the the ins and outs of first team players (plus those transfers expected to happen) then it makes a lot more sense:

Out:

Gross
Undav
Lallana
Buonanotte
Fati
(Gilmour)

In:

Minteh
Wieffer
Gruda
Cozier-Duberry
(Rutter)
(Ferdi)
Out also Dahoud & Moder most likely.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Initial reaction is "why do we need another player?" and "we're turning into Chelsea" but when you look at the the ins and outs of first team players (plus those transfers expected to happen) then it makes a lot more sense:

Out:

Gross
Undav
Lallana
Buonanotte
Fati
(Gilmour)

In:

Minteh
Wieffer
Gruda
Cozier-Duberry
(Rutter)
(Ferdi)
yeah, nothing like Chelsea with their 60+ roster. i think they have 8 keepers signed. we look to have added across the board and many players moving on.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds fans are absolutely losing it over this. None of them expected to lose Rutter. Can see them going to West Brom on Saturday and losing and the wheels properly coming off. Shame.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Out:

Gross
Undav
Lallana
Buonanotte
Fati
(Gilmour)

In:

Minteh
Wieffer
Gruda
Cozier-Duberry
(Rutter)
(Ferdi)
And don't forget the loss of MacAllister and Caceido. Our midfield was simply not good enough to compete last season after they left. In my mind this just brings us back up to that level again in midfield plus a stronger attacking array of talent.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I've still got an account on Wacjkob from the Ben White days, been reading their forum and concensus seems he's a flair player, that can go one too many or sometimes lack end product, sounds a bit Knockaert/Solly'esque?

All gutted he's going, most suggest 40m is over valued and he's not that price level.... (but would trust Blooms data on that!)

Couple of opinions on Rutter and one with grudging praise through gritted teeth!

Screenshot_20240815_105454_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240815_111012_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240815_110726_Chrome.jpg

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
#freeRutter

If they don’t let him go can we take them to court for contract law or something? Totally disgusting they’re keeping him against his will like this….

Oh no, wait? We can actually afford to pay the asking price? Sweet. Cheers guys.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Leeds fans are absolutely losing it over this. None of them expected to lose Rutter. Can see them going to West Brom on Saturday and losing and the wheels properly coming off. Shame.
Rutter could of course decide to take a big pay rise and stay. I am not counting any chickens until I see “Train. Arrives. in. Brighton” Albion release

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I've still got an account on Wacjkob from the Ben White days, been reading their forum and concensus seems he's a flair player, that can go one too many or sometimes lack end product, sounds a bit Knockaert/Solly'esque?

All gutted he's going, most suggest 40m is over valued and he's not that price level.... (but would trust Blooms data on that!)

Couple of opinions on Rutter and one with grudging praise through gritted teeth!

View attachment 187176
View attachment 187177
View attachment 187178
Completely disagree with that fan's comment about him being poor since February, I watched a few Leeds games at the end of the season (as, and I know I'm in a minority on here, I was cheering them on as desperately hoping they would beat Southampton to promotion) and he was brilliant in them. Totally unplayable at that level at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here