Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Georginio Rutter - singed 19/8/24

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
He played very well but I'm concerned he's all style and no substance - goals are sanity and he doesn't score them. I'm not convinced by him at all but we'll see. We didn't put the game to bed and the attacking players are responsible for that. He is the signing I'm most dubious of but he's obviously a talented player and the challenge now is getting something productive out of his style and ability.
I thought he did well quite a few times to engage a few defenders and wriggle out of tight spots and make a pass. The sort of thing that goes unnoticed but creates space for others.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I don't buy this, he's not a goalscorer thing.

True, his record is currently poor. But surely the club have seen evidence that they think it's going to improve dramatically.

You can't just buy a forward for £40m, play in centrally in behind the main striker, then accept that he won't really ever score. In that position he has to score. He must be judged like anyone else. The forward players need to contribute goals and assists or they won't play

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Rutter currently is a lot like Pedro at the start of last season.

You can see the talent and he tries to make things happen but just isn't on the same wavelength as his teammates yet.

Give it time and he'll come good.
Exactly what I said to others at the game yesterday. When Pedro first came in he was bags of energy, and moments of class, but sometimes his decision making was poor which led to missed opportunities when building an attack, him trying to do too much, or running down a dead end. But that quickly was improved upon. We need to give Rutter time to do the same with his football education.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I know that the fee is largely a function of the market and I'm sure the recruitment department has done its homework on him. But right now I just don't see a £40m player there. There's something ungainly about the way he runs. Is he that much better than Sarmiento or Buonanotte? I suppose I'm being impatient but for that money I think we're entitled to expect something a little closer to the finished article.

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
I wonder if he will get a big opportunity on the right given Minteh needs time and Adingra is clearly far more threatening on the left. I like what I have seen thus far and think he will become very good for us.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I know that the fee is largely a function of the market and I'm sure the recruitment department has done its homework on him. But right now I just don't see a £40m player there. There's something ungainly about the way he runs. Is he that much better than Sarmiento or Buonanotte? I suppose I'm being impatient but for that money I think we're entitled to expect something a little closer to the finished article.
Chelsea paid £80m for Mudryk if that helps?

The lad can't help the fee. I think he looks decent, he was making things happen. Fab got the subs wrong yesterday, taking Baleba and Rutter off had a negative effect.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Baleba was on a yellow, so think that forced his hand a bit.
I REALLY hope that wasn't the reason. That is not a reason to weaken your side with only 23 mins to go, it's not like he was on a last warning. It didn't give Forest momentum as such but it did allow them back into the midfield where until then Baleba, Hinch, Rutter and Welbeck dropping back had run the game.

More likely his 'stats' were dropping. The coaches are led so much by 'the data' now rather than the eyes.

Coldwaltham Seagull

Mar 8, 2024
Fab got the subs wrong yesterday, taking Baleba and Rutter off had a negative effect.
Agree with you to an extent- we certainly looked like we lacked something creatively once Rutter came off. Baleba sub was frustrating but ultimately right as he was a second yellow waiting to happen with the amount of defensive work he was having to do in there, and Forest's propensity to break from midfield

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here