Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Georginio Rutter - singed 19/8/24

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
@AZ Gull you might have this somewhere in one of the lesser used part of your basement.

In the Tony Bloom era, when a player has been confirmed on matchday, has it been before or after the game?

I could see reasons for either. Before a game helps boosting the fans, while doing it after helps keeping focus on football things.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It’s a fair bit of money but not going to carp, it’s probably the going rate. Just unbelievable any Brighton manager at last having these options now, feels like we’ve finally comfortably arrived rather than somewhat living on a wing and a prayer in recent seasons (luck which definitively ran out during a pretty miserable last 4 months of the season)
I thought the fish puns were meant to be on the Kadioglu thread?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Tricky to know what to call him for a song so I'll go with Somewhere Only We Know by Keane:

So if you have a minute why don't we go
Find out if it's Rutter of Georginio
So we know what the name is we can sing
I'll be honest I just don't know, is it Rutter or Georginio

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Taking too long, this one. Yes, I know, before someone comes along to tell me these things take time, that these things take time - but why, in a simple case of triggering a release clause?
Anyway, it is taking too many pages on NSC (39 and counting) and the bloody Kadioglu one is up in the 80s now, I think. I'll only believe that one when the club makes an announcement.

After we triggered the release clause, reports were stating that he could have his medical in the next 48hrs. I did think that was a little odd. Why not the next 24hrs?

Well, he needed to do the goodbyes being a much loved player.

Then, I suspect the plan is to have him in training on Monday with a view to being in the Man Utd squad. He played on Wednesday night so why rush the negotiations, medical and announcement? He was never going to make the Everton game.

If the club have got any sense, they’ll release the news as our away fans are tucking into their 2nd or 3rd pre-match pint in Liverpool. That will give us a big boost before the game.
It’s not really taking that long, we met the release clause late Wednesday night and he’d also played that night as well (admittedly he didn’t start the game) so he’d still have recovery work to do on the Thursday which we may have wanted him to do as well.

Even if he’d travelled down on Thursday we’d still have had to book in parts of his medical with whoever the third party is that does them (it used to be the Monitfore hospital in Hove, could still be). So they might not have been available until yesterday.

That’s not including meeting with the player, agent etc to discuss personal terms, show him around the training ground and giving him time to think over his decision.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Tricky to know what to call him for a song so I'll go with Somewhere Only We Know by Keane:

Can you work your magic with If You Wanna by The Vaccines?

I always find myself changing it to if you wanna come back to Leeds. Maybe I can start singing if you wanna come here from Leeds.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
@AZ Gull you might have this somewhere in one of the lesser used part of your basement.

In the Tony Bloom era, when a player has been confirmed on matchday, has it been before or after the game?

I could see reasons for either. Before a game helps boosting the fans, while doing it after helps keeping focus on football things.
I’m sure Danny Welbeck was announced the morning of a game.

Edit - we played Palace away on the same day we announced him 18th October 2020.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Farke this morning….

“On Georginio Rutter: "It wasn't my focus in the last 24 hours because I'm here with all my strength and focus on the players who are playing with us.

"I don't want to focus on the players who are gone.”
Sky Sports

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It’s a fair bit of money but not going to carp, it’s probably the going rate. Just unbelievable any Brighton manager at last having these options now, feels like we’ve finally comfortably arrived rather than somewhat living on a wing and a prayer in recent seasons (luck which definitively ran out during a pretty miserable last 4 months of the season)
Steady on there. Arrived?

It's the first day of a new season. For clubs our size, that means a reset each year. The first target is 40 points and 17th place. By all means have stretch targets in mind but we're only ever a dodgy appointment or injury crisis away from a dogfight at the wrong end of the table. It's happened to Southampton, Leicester, Swansea etc.

I hope for way better than that of course, but this is one tough league we're in and it never stands still.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
If we met the ridiculous release clause why would we add on another £10m?
The quote is € euros which is £42,599,86p at 12.45 today Sat 17th August.

Something i just learned to type € you hold alt and type number pad 0128 ffs :eek:
well on my keyboard anyway.

Last edited:

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
there's a chance he want assurances that the plan is for him to be starting... which we may or may not be able to give him.
This has been repeated a lot, about a number of our attempts to improve and strengthen our squad. (Excluding obv WIP, ones for the future.) I am sure these conversations happen, but I hope our stance is always the same, work hard, compete, prove yourself and you’ll play, no? I know some managers have their favourites, so I guess we could confidently affirm the fact that it’s wide open and based entirely on ability and aptitude only etc, but these players must know deep down they’ve gotta back themselves. If we wanna sign them, we must believe in their potential. They need to believe in their potential too, (a good coach will aid this) and WORK, earn it! We’re giving them the opportunity to do that, so do it! …and do we really want a player that expects/asks for a guaranteed starting place or a confident player, that backs themself and is prepared to EARN IT! Attitude is so important!!

I work in a (literal) performance based industry and if I don’t put in the work and don’t apply myself and strive to be the best that I can, and be competitive and KNOW I’ve got what it takes to get picked I don’t expect to be and prob nev would be. If I didn’t continually improve then there is a huge queue of very talented guys that would take my place and I’d fall through the ranks very quickly.

In summary, I hope we shut these kind of conv down, confidently accepting of the fact it’s not meant to be and the player isn’t what we’re looking for if they’re not prepared to fight and earn their place in a team.

Last edited:

Not Spanish Dave

Feb 23, 2013

I think he needs a change. Georginio is flair. Rutter is Northern knobwankstainish.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here