Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Georginio Rutter - singed 19/8/24

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
But if you were him why would you come to Brighton to then go on loan, instead of staying at Arsenal and going on loan?
Because my main rival Bukayo Saka is world class and likely to be around for another 10 years.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
IMG_5684.jpeg

Flight coming in from Munich 😂😂😂

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It’s clear that we were very keen to get the player. Went back twice and submitted an offer at release-clause level minutes before the deadline to ensure no one else was in for him. The two initial offers made presumably in the hope that Leeds would accept something lower, and also to flush out any interest from other clubs.

If Albion were that determined, we have to presume that FH has identified Rutter as a key member of his vision for the side.

If we’re spending £40 Million on one player, I’d hope our analytics, Bloom, Barber, Weir, Hurzeler, and even the tea lady have given the thumbs up on this one.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I don’t think I rate it as a strategy if that’s what it is. It sounds just like Chelsea’s, but on a less ridiculous scale.

Take Cozier-Duberry for example, who joined on the basis of being given an opportunity in the first team, and we’ve since spent c£60m on two players that would both be picked ahead of him in his position.
Not true - did you talk to him yourself? He and Sarmiento will be loaned out.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I hope he becomes the next Pedro (by coming from a struggling Watford himself) and just has it. Almost becoming the main man overnight.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly that. And significantly cheaper in terms of landing fees etc as well I would think.

Here are Gatwick's fees per movement (so once for landing and again for taking off again), can't find Biggin Hill fees, but expect less than these:

View attachment 187186
Biggin Hill is probably less than £100 (or about that). Also, anyone will be in their waiting car 2 mins after landing there....................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here