Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Sampson has rare soine disorder

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
George Sampson has a rare spine disorder and been told by Doctors never to dance again.

:thud:

I suppose if you had bet on him winning you might have showed a bit of sympathy.

Almost everyday we read about a 14 year old either stabbing or being stabbed, is it really a problem that a 14 year old, got off his arse and tried to do something special with his life to help his family.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Why did they wait til after the final to get him checked out? Seems weird

They didn't, his problem was diagnosed before he entered the competition. He simply chose not to give in to it.

It's a non story of Naylor-esce proportions

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Oh well, whats the worry then, its his own choice.

Correct. Makes his win even more special to be honest, and he didn't make a fuss about it, indeed it wasn't even mentioned.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I suppose if you had bet on him winning you might have showed a bit of sympathy.

Almost everyday we read about a 14 year old either stabbing or being stabbed, is it really a problem that a 14 year old, got off his arse and tried to do something special with his life to help his family.

Although I disagreed with the result very strongly you make a very good and valid point.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
That doctors advice was ages ago and he's kept dancing, so I'm pretty sure he's not going to stop now!
It was so engineered this year. One laughable act per night, and the one they wanted to win went last every night - and won!
His sob story at least sounded genuine and he didn't expect anything. Some of the other sob stories were amazing. It became 'Britains got Sob Stories', the asian lady who said she was too poor to feed her children peed me off. Then they put a 20 foot picture of her kids behind her while she was singing. Not subtle at all!
Others who constantly repeated 'this is my last shot, I'm giving up on my dreams after this' etc. Yuk.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
the asian lady who said she was too poor to feed her children peed me off. Then they put a 20 foot picture of her kids behind her while she was singing. Not subtle at all!

That pissed me off too, the more they bang on about that, the less likely folks will vote

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's not career-threatening. He's going on the tour.

I believe that this "Incapacity/Degenerative illness" would seem to be a good little nudge to ticket sales... The long suffering British public may only have one "Chance" to see the supreme winner on tour..... Roll Up ! Roll Up ! one born every minute....... we should deny them the Oxygen of publicity....:glare:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So what happens with this tour then? Can he do anything apart from dance or is it an hour and a half of this guy dancing around a bit? 'kin 'ell watching the whole troupe of Riverdance had me bored stupid after 2 mins of being impressed.

Or is it him and all the others *stars* of the show going on the road and he's the headliner?

Sounds unmissable if so

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So what happens with this tour then? Can he do anything apart from dance or is it an hour and a half of this guy dancing around a bit? 'kin 'ell watching the whole troupe of Riverdance had me bored stupid after 2 mins of being impressed.

Or is it him and all the others *stars* of the show going on the road and he's the headliner?
of?

I assume the tour is all of the finalists

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
He is a 1 trick pony like Signature although they were quite amusing as 1 off but once you have seen them once they will be the same thereafter, like Kate & Gin.
All the acts are 1 trick ponies. They get £100,000 and to perform in front of Charlie. Then they're gone !!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Farryl will make it big anyway.

With a mouth like that, she'll be able to make it big anytime she wants.

When she's of legal age, of course.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All the acts are 1 trick ponies. They get £100,000 and to perform in front of Charlie. Then they're gone !!

Farryl Smith will have a couple of years like Charlotte Church, who incidentally is back in the studios recording a classic album again, and so will Andrew Johnstone until his balls drop the rest will fade away into obscurity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here