Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Osbourne

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Pay freeze is not so bad I had the choice pay cut or redundancy. As I see it we are buggered who ever we vote for the only plus for any of these idiots is that at least the Tories are tell us we are stuffed.

And am I the only one who does really see anything wrong in working a bit longer; we live longer, there are more of us and we expect there to be an endless pot of money - something has to give!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I wonder how many families will be thinking "Sod that, I'm going to vote to protect my own retirement age, and not put Cameron in a position where he might actually carry out his threats".

It doesn´t really matter. We are going to get the cuts the Tories promise PLUS the Labour ones PLUS some more no one dares talk about. Vote for who you like it wont make any difference.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Ok, so what have the tories promised to do, and what will they actually do if they get in power, that is what we are all interested in.

I'm sorry but I just don't trust the tories. I trust Labour, even after everything that has happend.

Can we all remember what the tories did last time?

Have to admit I'm with you on all of this.

And,yes,I remember the last time.

Tories = total self interested disaster.

Still not convinced they'll get an outright majority,which could put the libdems in an interesting position.

And maybe,just maybe,people will remember and see sense.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
im confused, or rather you seem to be: last time i checked its 5 years between votes. Are you that worried about Labours result that they'll be decimated, or believe the Tories will do a good enough job to get voted in twice more? ???

Just looking at the recent past and terms of office. The last Tory government was (IMHO) a total disaster but that didn't stop them being reelected.

Oh, and I respect your opinion but couldn't agree less about your version of our Health Service.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just to add that Cameron's speech writer is an old etonian as is, I believe, the editor of their internet voice, Tim Montgomerie and the internet will be quite important during the next election in getting the messages across.

As for the pay freeze, would be a nice gesture if Osborne and Cameron had an 'earnings' freeze. I am sure they earn more from their millions than they do from their MPs salaries so freezing those isn't going to affect them!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I like Osbourne. I don't mind that he isn't the best public speaker out there. There are far too many opposition politicians out there that are good at talking it but once they are in power can't make a decision to save their lives.

He's set out the starting cuts that will probably be enough to get him into power. The tough part will be dealing with all his fellow ministers that get into their jobs and realise they can do precisely nothing becasue there is no money for anything.

He's not that he's a bad public speaker it's that he's not very bright, he's forever getting turned over by some pondlife from labour. He must have photo's of cameron doing naughty 'things' with a goat because I can't see any other reason for him being shadow chancellor.

Mind you Labour unelectable and the tories are completely clueless ... deep joy.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's all very well people moaning about Osborne promising little recourse on the subject of bankers bonuses, but what have Labour done to improve the situation?

Oh yeah, bailed them out, and put some flimsy conditions in place which are now being totally disregarded. Absolutely pathetic.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I don't think its a good idea for the economy to be publicly slagging off the bankers. The Financial Industry do make a lot of money for UK PLC and we don't want them to be getting of to Zurich or New York to make them a lot of money. Note though that I say publicly, there does need to measures put in place that stop the recent events happening again, but that doesn't need to turn into a banker witch hunt

It's all very well people moaning about Osborne promising little recourse on the subject of bankers bonuses, but what have Labour done to improve the situation?

Oh yeah, bailed them out, and put some flimsy conditions in place which are now being totally disregarded. Absolutely pathetic.

Would you have preferred YOUR bank to go the wall WITH YOUR money in it???

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Increase retirement age! Well I'm Forty that xtra year is gonna kill me lol
Freeze public sector pay haha welcome to my world of the last 5 years also you fail to mention only for people earning over 18k!!
The Banks are private companies, if their bonus's are that offensive go and be a banker !!

You think it will stop at one year. Watch this space.

Would you have preferred YOUR bank to go the wall WITH YOUR money in it???

Beat me to it. The banks were not bailed out to save the bankers bonuses, it was done, in effect, to save capitalism, the system upon which we rely on for our standard of living.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
i've found a smiley for all us lefties...

Attachments

• smiley-faces65.gif
    smiley-faces65.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 123

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"The Banks are private companies, if their bonus's are that offensive go and be a banker "
Quoted by Chicken Run.
Bailed out private companies proped up with Public Money.
Lloyds Banking Group and RBS are virtually nationalised corporations.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Bailed out private companies proped up with Public Money.
Lloyds Banking Group and RBS are virtually nationalised corporations.

and who asked Lloyds to get into the position where they'd need to be bailed out? (clue, lives in a house with 10 on it).

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Freeze public sector pay haha welcome to my world of the last 5 years also you fail to mention only for people earning over 18k!!
The Banks are private companies, if their bonus's are that offensive go and be a banker !!

"The Banks are private companies, if their bonus's are that offensive go and be a banker !!"

Private? What about the trillions of public money that has been poured in to save the fuckers? I would trust Uncle Spielberg with my money down the bookies than I would most of the city bankers - and I bet the Spielsmeister could get me more of a return on my money!

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Time for a change me thinks - Labour have had a good innings - Time to vote Tory

Alan Bstard Rules !

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Oh and FYI

I'm a "banker" in that I work for a financial institution and Ive had a pay freeze, pension cut and just managed to hang on to my job so I welcome the public sector having to take its share of the burden as well

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He is basically right though, they have said they want to increase the retirement age, freeze public sector pay (and lets face it next to nobosy in the private sector's getting any cash at the moment) and let the bankers have whatever bonuses they want. Great!

It's the same old Tory shit, the only difference is it's a couple of doughy faced youngsters delivering it this time. Pay hard working people less, make them work longer, give some extra cash to rich people (i.e. inheritance) and let their chums in the city get on with screwing the rest of us whilst racking up obscene bonuses. Nice one. New Labour, Old Tory.

If you want an example of the shit that is to come look at the Tory cretins on Brighton council. They have employed consultants to ramp up the rents on the sea-front by up to 300% (yes you read that correctly 300%)....and the consultants get a percentage of the increase.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
He is a slippery character, i'd rather have the experience of Brown any day over this little mess of a man.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

You have forgotten to take into account that the state retirement age will be gradually increased over a period of time to 70. With the Tories bringing forward the additional year (65 to 66) in 2016 this means you will be working until you are 70 before getting your state pension.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here