Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George O'Callaghan

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Hello all

According to the local media Tranmere are set to sign George O'Callaghan today from Cork city, seems he was on loan at you lot, just wondered what you thought of him?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Good player, but thinks he's absolutely fantastic.

Got one of the more stupid red cards we've had over the last few seasons, with a completely brainless lash out.

But, the boy can definitely play. Extremely comfortable on the ball, picks passes short and long with an ease. Good first touch, and seems to be a player who will gee up those around him, which you mightnot expect of someone with his ball skills.

The attitude is a question mark though, and it does kind of explain why a man of his talents, has never really carve himself a better career than Port Vale.

Overall, a good signing, I think you'll be pleased.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's a good player. In fact I can pretty much guarantee that NOTHING will be his fault.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I can see the commentary now:

"O Callaghan plays it square"

I dont think he was ever an attacking midfielder, yes he wanted the ball and he was good at controlling it, then turning and then:

Play it square.

Im with UB on that one!!!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
For an attacking midfielder can't remember him having too many shots, one at Orient is only one i can remember or playing too many great balls for our strikers.

Like been said has good first touch and is solid, but drops very deep and think i saw him on the ball in our own half 90% of the time

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Average midfielder, will do aright, but not too much else, other than the square pass as pointed out above.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Can't believe how diplomatic you lot have been...He's a shit stirrer that keeps getting booted out of the various clubs he's played for...In fact he makes Leon Knight look like Kofi Annan!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is the best midfielder that we have had for a number of seasons and would rather have him playing for us than against us. Most of his 'square' passes were from the centre of midfield to either wing or to Hammond who was making a forward move in space. He allowed Hammond to attack much more, would love to see him or a similar type player here now with Thomson.

As regards his thoughts of DK that is a different question, but who knows which one was right, only 2 people.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
A class turn, but sadly a shit-stirring (thanks for that supaseagull) tosser.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
His orders seemed to be to stay back and build from there. I was disappointed that we never used him for set pieces as it was said to be one of his fortes. Oh well. I would have been keen for him to stay on, but not after the disruption that he seemed to cause.

This also dispels the rumour that Dick Knight had ensured that he would never play in England again. If anyone did that, it was him, but Tranmere seem short of players.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Thats funny because Alan Mathews, the Cork City manager was quoted a few weeks
ago as saying "he'll never play in Ireland again"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here