Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George O'Callaghan

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
He looked very promising but many would in our midfield.Players usually raise their game when starting in a new team,lets give it a month before a decision is made,remember he did not start many games with Ipswich.
Then of course Knight will have to pay the going price,which he has just declined to do.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Thought he was great and unusual for a debut played with a right f*cking attitude as well.

Loved the bit in the second half when he lost the ball but went out of his way to win it back as well.

I suspect he will get a few cards, but if he helps to turn Withdean back into a fortress and not the bouncy castle ( (c) Gillivers Travels) it has become, he gets my vote.

Interesting that some people think he is a bit light weight, well I came away thinking he's perfectly capable of "mixing it up a bit" in the middle.

Gets my vote.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And a good thing we did not sub our keeper in the first half as there would have been two 13s on the pitch

Agreed, excellent performance, always wanting the ball, barking orders at the others, good lad.

Which shows another area we're lacking-an on field leader. Hammond is not that leader, he's way too quiet. Needs to be organising the team like O'Callaghan was. Sign George and make him captain.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Which shows another area we're lacking-an on field leader. Hammond is not that leader, he's way too quiet. Needs to be organising the team like O'Callaghan was. Sign George and make him captain.

Agree .. look at the clips on You Tube ..£60k ..a bargain

Domino

Sep 1, 2007
Just Some Background Info

Heres Some Info

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?threadid=121640&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

http://www.dangerhere.com/gufflog/features/comments.php?id=146913_0_20_0_C

Heres Some Goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRynx3BmuXg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0itRual5XAc

It's worth waiting for the last goal on the 2nd one.... It's better than The First Free Kick.

Heres Some Bogus Bebo Site.

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MID=367137231&MemberId=632383904

Very Unlikely to be his but some of the muppets who replied to it seem to think that It's his:laugh::laugh:

The story about himself and Robbie Williams being mates go back to his days with Port Vale when it seems Robbie became a bit starstruck over George????:bowdown:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought he was fantastic in the first half, and much less so in the second, when he was involved far less. I guess he hasn't been playing all that much recently, which might explain that.

Love to keep him though - he might just be my new favourite player!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is this guy and Martot likely to be better than Bertin who most of NSC wanted to bring back here REGARDLESS of how much it would have upset the dressing room and management that he had just let his contract option lapse and only came creeping back when no-one else wanted him?

Seems the club may have got it spot on and sent a message to anyone else who may come here thinking they can use us as a last option

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Where are you going, George? The ball is RIGHT THERE you fool!

Attachments

• 73895271.jpg
    73895271.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 27

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently his/agents wage demands were deemed to be excessive.

Send 3 or 4 fringe players out on loan and sign him he is what we have been lacking since Paul Rogers moved on.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
I too thought he had a great debut, but he has already stated that he wants to stay in the championship, he has come here to get first team football, and put himself in the shop window, that's exactly what will happen, and unfortunately he will go elsewhere in Jan.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I too thought he had a great debut, but he has already stated that he wants to stay in the championship, he has come here to get first team football, and put himself in the shop window, that's exactly what will happen, and unfortunately he will go elsewhere in Jan.

Has he? Wasn't that the Richards fella? The only problem was his wage demands as far as I was aware.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Thats how I read it as well. It was Richards who turned us down because we are in div 1 George,was his agent demanding excessive wages, as stated by DK.

Im sure the deal was a loan on a view to permanent deal aswell. The loan only came about because it was so close to the transfer deadline and we weren't going tocome to an agreement before it closed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here