he is about 175000 now imo,i would still buy him mind

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
£ 125000 is the correct answer

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would agree but his agent might be dead against it. Apparently it was his agent that messed up the transfer in August making outrageous demands.

If he thinks that his agent isnt acting in his best interests he can always sack him and do it himself, get a new agent or ask the pfa to act for him.

If he really wants to come here as he has indicated originally then it is possible.

Domino

Sep 1, 2007
Spot on. Now is not the time to baulk on wages, unless ridiculous, as you say. Sadly, I think he realises he will be able to get a better deal elsewhere. He certainly looked frustrated by our lack of urgency in the first half and if he wants Championship football, then he may realise that it is a step beyond us at the moment. I would love to see him leading out the boys.

One thing that has puzzled me, is that he is not used to take set-pieces. Certainly youtube would suggest he is a bit of a set-piece maestro.

Hes worth £150k alone for this goal.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRynx3BmuXg

I find it hard to believe that you don't have him taking setpieces.

What would the max wage at Brighton be....... George was on max €100k(£60k) a year with Cork City. Don't know what Ipswich were paying him but I doubt if they gave him a big hike in wages.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hes worth £150k alone for this goal.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRynx3BmuXg

I find it hard to believe that you don't have him taking setpieces.

What would the max wage at Brighton be....... George was on max €100k(£60k) a year with Cork City. Don't know what Ipswich were paying him but I doubt if they gave him a big hike in wages.

:love: Well that has made up my mind!

I think our basic salary is fairly small - our squad playing Leeds a couple of seasons ago earned a combined £13k a week, but I assume that didn't include bonuses. I would imagine that we pay something like £2k a week maximum for our 'stars' and then add ons after that.

I would be more than happy for us to smash the bank and secure him. We just need to convince the agent and perhaps convince him that he will be an integral part in the team and hopefully take us to the Championship next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here