Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George O'Callaghan, if we could buy him how much should we pay

How much should we pay for O'callaghan if he agrred to come here

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seeing the wildly varying NSC valuations of Hammond, how about seeing what we should pay as the max for our current star player??

George not Goerge btw

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Given that we agreed a gee of £60k before, I don;t see why that should have changed.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Given that we agreed a gee of £60k before, I don;t see why that should have changed.

£60k would be a snip, especially given the vaulation that hammond has been recieving

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its not the fee thats the problem.

Its his wages. However I feel that George is f***ing ace and we will lose him when his loan ends.

If its to a championship club then fair enough as he is QUALITY.

If its to one of our rivals (with the exception of a bigger club like Leeds or Forest) then I will be seriously PISSED off and would question DK mentality as its clear we need a player of his calibre.

If he went to f***ing Luton or Gillingham Id be SERIOUSLY f***ed off.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Because it wasn't enough to make him sign so maybe a signing on fee would take it above that?? say 60k plus 40k for him? or is 60k your top bid ?

scooter1

How soon is now?
Its not the fee thats the problem.

Its his wages. However I feel that George is f***ing ace and we will lose him when his loan ends.

If its to a championship club then fair enough as he is QUALITY.

If its to one of our rivals (with the exception of a bigger club like Leeds or Forest) then I will be seriously PISSED off and would question DK mentality as its clear we need a player of his calibre.

If he went to f***ing Luton or Gillingham Id be SERIOUSLY f***ed off.

What he says...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Because it wasn't enough to make him sign so maybe a signing on fee would take it above that?? say 60k plus 40k for him? or is 60k your top bid ?
It wasn't enough to make him sign?? It was the fee we agreed with Ipswich, it was his agents wage demands that scuppered the deal. I think he is worth more than that but we've agreed it once so I see no reason to go much higher.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It wasn't enough to make him sign?? It was the fee we agreed with Ipswich, it was his agents wage demands that scuppered the deal. I think he is worth more than that but we've agreed it once so I see no reason to go much higher.

This is not the slave trade, Ipswich may have been happy to sell him for that but one assumes that George has some control over his agent so he must also have agreed to scupper the deal on wages or do agents just do wtf they like without reference? if so he should sack him

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This is not the slave trade, Ipswich may have been happy to sell him for that but one assumes that George has some control over his agent so he must also have agreed to scupper the deal on wages or do agents just do wtf they like without reference? if so he should sack him
Well I agree, the noises from the likes of John Byrne and Ian Hart have been that was down to the agent, but I look at it in the same way as you that the agent is supposed to work for the player, not the other way around.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Now he has proved how good he is, he might ask for even more money in January to stay permanently. Personally, I think he's that good that we need to pay him whatever he wants so long as it's not totally ridiculous.

Spot on. Now is not the time to baulk on wages, unless ridiculous, as you say. Sadly, I think he realises he will be able to get a better deal elsewhere. He certainly looked frustrated by our lack of urgency in the first half and if he wants Championship football, then he may realise that it is a step beyond us at the moment. I would love to see him leading out the boys.

One thing that has puzzled me, is that he is not used to take set-pieces. Certainly youtube would suggest he is a bit of a set-piece maestro.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As already stated we have agreed a fee with Ipswich so that is nota problem or shouldnt be it is now time for DK to pull him asiude and say we will offer you x amount and try to do a deal without inviolving his agent. Once agreed call in his agent and tell him the deal has been done not ethical I know but if it works who cares.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
As already stated we have agreed a fee with Ipswich so that is nota problem or shouldnt be it is now time for DK to pull him asiude and say we will offer you x amount and try to do a deal without inviolving his agent. Once agreed call in his agent and tell him the deal has been done not ethical I know but if it works who cares.
I would agree but his agent might be dead against it. Apparently it was his agent that messed up the transfer in August making outrageous demands.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I would agree but his agent might be dead against it. Apparently it was his agent that messed up the transfer in August making outrageous demands.

Are these agents loose cannons then, or is it just a way of deflecting players inflated opinions of what they think they are worth. It could of course be that we offered a fraction of what he receives from Ipswich at the moment and he wasn't willing to take the drop. I don't buy it all being the agent's fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here