Votes: 3 3.7%
  • No its to early

Votes: 62 76.5%

• Total voters

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I think this lad is definately one for the future, but i think it might be a bit too early, maybe send him out on loan for a while to give him some experience

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Too early for him I think, get him on the weights in the Gym to bulk him up a bit and maybe but at the moment I reckon the same as bof, he would be 'eaten for breakfast'.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
maybe not saturday but i would like to see him involved this season. hopefully gus will be brave enough to play and develop youth team prospects alongside his current 1st teamers and new signings. just saw his goal from last night, great strike son! talented forward prospect - give him a chance i say.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I've given up getting excited by our youngsters given the failings of Jake and Joe who both promised so much in the youth team but basically amounted to nothing.

If Barker does come good then it will be a welcome surprise

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I've given up getting excited by our youngsters given the failings of Jake and Joe who both promised so much in the youth team but basically amounted to nothing.

If Barker does come good then it will be a welcome surprise

well virgs and elphic both played and played well against villa on saturday. plus cox came off the bench and also played well.

so there's 3 for starters.

jake was talented, i think if wilkins hadn't been sacked we'd have seen plenty from jake last season, and fraser shouldn't have been released. he was starting to look the part under both wilkins and then slade.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
No saturday is far to important to take a risk with him yet. Definaltly one for the future though.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
well virgs and elphic both played and played well against villa on saturday. plus cox came off the bench and also played well.

jake was talented, i think if wilkins hadn't been sacked we'd have seen plenty from jake last season, and fraser shouldn't have been released. he was starting to look the part under both wilkins and then slade.
Vale fans think he's shit.....:facepalm:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Gatting, Robinson and McPhee were prolific at reserve/youth level. He really doesn't look anywhere near being ready physically.

When was the last time we produced a forward/striker that has gone onto have a successful career in football?

I guess decent strikers are highly sought after (as they are more valuable) and we lose out to the bigger clubs within the allowed radius or perhaps Sussex just doesn't produce the goods?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town

Sorry I should have made that clearer. I wasn't slagging off our youth policy in general, it was more a comment on the fact that every time we get excited about a young prolific goalscorer they go on to do pretty much nothing

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Would like an 'on the bench' option. No way he should start but if Gus feels he's ready there's no harm in sticking him on the bench.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Send him out next time were a couple of goals up, dont send him on to chase the game for us, putting a 17 year old or w/e age he is on and under pressure is jsut stupid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here