Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Barker loan to Plymouth

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Good move for him if it happens. He probably needs to show Gus what he is capable of in the next year and whether he has potential to become more than a lower league journeyman.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Erm, are you sure? Can't see it on there?

Sorry, correction, "Plymouth Argyle Support". They've posted a couple of other rumours on there which have proven correct.

I wouldn't be suprised by Barker going out on loan. I think it's the right decision for JFC to go out and would be the same for Barker in my opinion. He's clearly got something about him, he scores goals regularly for our younger teams so it's time to get him some league experience and see what he can do.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Sorry, correction, "Plymouth Argyle Support". They've posted a couple of other rumours on there which have proven correct.

I wouldn't be suprised by Barker going out on loan. I think it's the right decision for JFC to go out and would be the same for Barker in my opinion. He's clearly got something about him, he scores goals regularly for our younger teams so it's time to get him some league experience and see what he can do.

Ah okay so it's not official then. Agree a loan deal would be good for him, not sure I believe this rumour though!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ah okay so it's not official then. Agree a loan deal would be good for him, not sure I believe this rumour though!

No, my mistake. All this time I've thought they were the official page, they run the page like our official site runs its own Facebook page.

I can't see why not to be honest, it's as plausable as any other suggestions where he might go.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good luck to him. Can see him being a very good lower league journeyman but he's going to have to kick on to make it here at the top of the Champ. Fingers crossed this will be the next step

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Good move for him if it happens. He probably needs to show Gus what he is capable of in the next year and whether he has potential to become more than a lower league journeyman.

Wee bit harsh ....

Maybe Poyet see's a future player for us in him and just offering him a stage where he might develop into that potential player.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Non plussed TBH.

JFC yes, he's ready to do a job in a first team.

George Barker?........when we've got our own England youth international with first team games and goals to further develop?. I can see what's in it for Albion, not so sure for Argyle.

Mind you, we are alleged to be trialling a 32 year old full time fireman who has only ever played in the league of Wales. Ouch!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here