Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Geographical distribution of Championship clubs

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
not a bad spread. plenty to see here... for me, brizzle/cardiff/ipwitch are the nearest unvisited grounds.

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    703.9 KB · Views: 454

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
11 Southern, 6 Midlands, 6 North and one Very North.

Seems like a fair balance to me. Shame bloody Middlesbrough are in there though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For Middlesbro, book dirt cheap flights to Newcastle as soon as the fixtures are out (then hope it doesn't change..)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Seems like a fair balance to me. Shame bloody Middlesbrough are in there though.

Assuming its on a Saturday, I think a weekend in Newcastle could be in order, with the short-ish hop down to the Riverside just for the game.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Assuming its on a Saturday, I think a weekend in Newcastle could be in order, with the short-ish hop down to the Riverside just for the game.

Would undoubtedly be preferable to spending a day in Middlesbrough. Never seen a game there, but I had the misfortune to spend some time in the town on an A Level Geography field trip in about 1995. Passing through en route to Hartlepool over the last couple of seasons, very little seems to have improved.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Would undoubtedly be preferable to spending a day in Middlesbrough. Never seen a game there, but I had the misfortune to spend some time in the town on an A Level Geography field trip in about 1995. Passing through en route to Hartlepool over the last couple of seasons, very little seems to have improved.

We had a cracking night out in Middlesbrough season before last when we played Hartlepool, grim place but a good night out.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We had a cracking night out in Middlesbrough season before last when we played Hartlepool, grim place but a good night out.

I went there twice back in about 2004/5, the second time was for a funeral, the wake of which was held at the Riverside in one of the hospitality suites. The young man whose funeral it was had worked for Boro when he was a student and was a lifelong fan. I have to say that the welcome I received, on both visits, was about as warm and friendly as you could wish for. It is true that Middlesborough isn't one of the most picturesque towns in Britain, but all the people I met were a fine advert for the place.

We've exchanged journeys to Carlisle and Hartlepool for a single trip somewhere even further south and still you Southerners are moaning! Spare a thought for the gruelling trips Middlesbrough fans have to face.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
The more I look at that, the tougher the league looks. Our Gus has some work in the transfer market in front of him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here