Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Geoff Horsfield

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
edna krabappel said:
Just for once I'd like to stick up for McGhee here.

If he tries to sign players like Horsfield, you have a go at him for losing the plot.

Yet if he didn't, you'd all be whinging about lack of ambition and the fact that we've made no signings.

FFS guys, maybe we didn't have much of a chance, but I for one would rather McGhee at least made the effort.

If it was a top Premiership player, fair enough, but to have a go at him for enquiring about the likes of Geoff Horsfield is, frankly, Hors-Shit on your part guys, and decidedly unfair.

:clap:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
edna krabappel said:
I know what you're saying, but short of chaining players to the back of his BMW and towing them back to Withdean, I'm not sure what else he can do, with the funds we have available.

Maybe it's time McGhee set his sight's a little lower and looked at strikers lower down the football league? The Shipperley's and Dichio's and Horsfield's of the world are out of our reach. But you get a player like Byfield who can again walk into Millwall with no mention of us making a realistic bid to sign him. We keep talking about the Albion being skint, and then we get stories coming out of the club about these out of reach players we are supposed to be bidding for. It's not making a lot of sense really.

British Bulldog said:
Maybe it's time McGhee set his sight's a little lower and looked at strikers lower down the football league? The Shipperley's and Dichio's and Horsfield's of the world are out of our reach. But you get a player like Byfield who can again walk into Millwall with no mention of us making a realistic bid to sign him. We keep talking about the Albion being skint, and then we get stories coming out of the club about these out of reach players we are supposed to be bidding for. It's not making a lot of sense really.
Rubbish - we've made constant enquiries about Byfield over the past year. But he went to Millwall, who are a much bigger club than us currently.

How is that McGhee's fault?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Don Tmatter said:
From the Argus - 'McGhee also revealed that Albion yesterday failed in an audacious attempt to sign experienced Sheffield Utd striker Geoff Horsfield.'

Did he seriously expect Horsfield to come down here when we can't even tempt fatty Shipperley down.:rolleyes:
He's lost the plot

I do my best not to get involved in this Mcghhee IN or Mcghee OUT stuff, but obviously i do read it, in all honesty i dont think the guy stands a chance, if he shows intrest in a player "hes lost the plot" and if he dont, hes a waste of space :lolol:

(sorry edna i went straight to posting this before reading through the posts, you obviously feel the same :lolol: ) (as do a few others)

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I bet most of the whingers won't turn up for the fans forum.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
dougdeep said:
I bet most of the whingers won't turn up for the fans forum.

Whats the point?Just be all the arse lickers like yourself saying I love you Mark and I want your babies Dick

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Maybe because otherwise it will be all the arse lickers saying I love you Mark and I want your babies Dick. If you've got a point to make go and make it instead of moaning on here.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Withnail said:
If you've got a point to make go and make it instead of moaning on here.

........but if he did that it would involve giving up his keyboard whinger membership card

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Withnail said:
Maybe because otherwise it will be all the arse lickers saying I love you Mark and I want your babies Dick. If you've got a point to make go and make it instead of moaning on here.

Its my right to moan on here

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
HANG ON

If we aim for lower division players we have no ambition (CKR last year, Revell this year). If we aim for higher division players we are being ridiculous.

All those people on here moaning should slap themselves with a bloody great wet haddock and look in the mirror at how much they contradict themselves.

I'm beginning to think the posters on here are bigger clowns than McGhee could ever be!

Last edited:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Woodchip said:
HANG ON

I'm beginning to think the posters on here are bigger clowns than McGhee could ever be!

there seems to be a growing realisation that the majority on here are only happy when whinging . I hope the players dont bother with any of it as morale would be at an all time low before a ball has been kicked.
So we're unlikely to finish as high as the play offs but we wont get relegated, this time next year the youngsters will be more experienced ,we may have a couple of decent signings & hopefully Falmer will be going full steam ahead.Things will then look very different.
Take a step back & think , we are in a state of permenant transition until we have a stadium, every time we've been promoted or avoided relegation since 1996 is a bonus.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the wanderbus said:
there seems to be a growing realisation that the majority on here are only happy when whinging .

i think that is a fair assesment of why i support brighton and hove albion

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
the wanderbus said:
there seems to be a growing realisation that the majority on here are only happy when whinging . I hope the players dont bother with any of it as morale would be at an all time low before a ball has been kicked.
So we're unlikely to finish as high as the play offs but we wont get relegated, this time next year the youngsters will be more experienced ,we may have a couple of decent signings & hopefully Falmer will be going full steam ahead.Things will then look very different.
Take a step back & think , we are in a state of permenant transition until we have a stadium, every time we've been promoted or avoided relegation since 1996 is a bonus.

So you wont be doing any moaning next season then? ???

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
plenty of moaning, plenty of swearing but mostly in the heat of the moment. A week before the season has started seems a bit too early though

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
London Irish said:
How is that McGhee's fault?

McGhee is quite happy to take the salary paid to him for being the Albions manager. So equaly he should be prepared to take the flack when we get relegated and fail to sign players.

No i'm not the greatest fan of Mark McGhee! It's not him as a person that I don't like, but I just dont think he's the right man to manage the Albion.

Should he turn it around next season and prove me wrong then I wont hesitate to put my hands up and admit I was wrong, and I will give credit where credit is due.

In the mean time, as a fan I pay my money & i'm entitled to my opinion. I'm not enthusiastic about the coming season because as it stands Mcghee has given me nothing to be enthusiastic about. But it wont stop me being there to cheer the Albion on.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
My point was that, did he realistically expect Horsfield (a premiership player at the start of last season,probably still on premiership wages,with championship clubs showing interest in him) to agree to come down south to join a League 1 outfit who play in a temporary stadium.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Funny how quickly you grow to hate a name. 'Geoff Horsfield'. Crap name. No name for a footballer. Out-crapped in the crappy name stakes only by the blandly-named 'Tom Brighton'.

That is all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here