Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

genuinly NICE footballers

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I think CKR is an awesome player but up his own big time, for a friendly chatty Albion player you can't go far wrong with Reid or Chippy!!

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
Lee Steele - top guy (wish he was still here!)

Spoke to Bobby Zamora at the Uni when I was about to play squash - seemed a nice fella as well as being a God.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Father Jack said:
Not sure about players but CKR's parents are both very friendly people who certainly seem to care about the how the team do as a whole - as well as looking out for their son!

I concur

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Can't say that I have met that many football players, Malcolm MacDonald used to live in Storrington (just after he left his wife and kids for a bit of skirt and before he ran a pub in Worthing), he came across as a bit of a dick. Met Alun Armstrong when he was still a Stockport player, before he hit the big time with Middlesborough, he was still very young but pleasant enough.

Eric Steele, now goalkeeping coach at Villa, came to our school just after the Albion won promotion to the First Division. He fielded inane questions, including one from me, like a true professional, top bloke.

dull boy

Oct 11, 2005
Gary Hobson was another top bloke. I remember him turning up for the leafleting thing in Hove during the YES/YES campaign, and being genuinely amiable and helpful. Ian Chapman is a decent guy, too, and still goes to games.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
dull boy said:
Gary Hobson was another top bloke. I remember him turning up for the leafleting thing in Hove during the YES/YES campaign.

I think he was the only player there.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I met the former England captain Alan Mullery once. A really decent chap with a lot of good stories and he is prepared to make time to tell them.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
From the past - always remember Barker being a v nice bloke -at the priestfield he would always sign autographs etc.

Present (well kinda) is Dodge - a really nice bloke. I bump into him a lot in Brighton, and he always says hi to me. Also made Biscuit and I tea when we were doing the leafleting for Falmer a year or two ago - top guy :)

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
tank seemed a top man at last years sponsors dinner :bowdown: :bowdown:

have to say peter crouch as well cos he always came out to face the media when they were slatting him earlier in the season! they were even giving him jip for not scoring on nights out :clap: :clap:

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
Gary Hobson & Nicky Rust were always really nice to talk to & always made a fuss of Emily when they saw her. Aarjan De Zeauw is also a really nice guy. He used to live near us when he played for Barnsley & would stop & have a chat in the paper shop on a Sunday morning.

I also think Lee Dixon comes across a a really genuine guy too.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Biscuit said:
Carole.

He has no idea what your saying. :lolol:

just like frutos!! haha when i met him that was hilarious! bonjour sava..... can u sign this mate? :lolol: classic times, i ended up digging out gcse french and we had a short conversation!! seems nice enough

fave player is paul reid, he seems like a legend, gave me his sock at playoff final and remembered me 18months later. diamond!!

jakey is rle nice, after reading game he got off his fone to come over and sign autographs for me and a couple of reading kiddies, me and my mate had a good chat with him. and kaz he seems like a genuine nice bloke! abslute legend. and has some nice boots :clap:

not to say the othe rplayer si have met over my time arent diamonds!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here