Aug 31, 2018
Reggae, R&B, Afrobeat all sounds the same to me lately

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Classical music. All of it.

Tho having said that, classical music does apoear to have it's place in the world. Councils in West Sussex regularly moot it as a possible solution to stopping chavs congregating at rural railway stations

Classical music I find really depressing.
I work in occupied homes and some customers have Classic FM playing on their radios, I've asked people if I can change channels or bring my own radio in. Some people find it uplifting, I find it puts me in a very bad mood.
I worked in one house for a day and they had some Country and Western radio station on, I was glad to finish that job.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Classical music I find really depressing.
I work in occupied homes and some customers have Classic FM playing on their radios, I've asked people if I can change channels or bring my own radio in. Some people find it uplifting, I find it puts me in a very bad mood.
I worked in one house for a day and they had some Country and Western radio station on, I was glad to finish that job.

Did you line dance your way out?

:lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I like to think I’ve a rather eclectic taste in music, I’m just as happy listening to Elton John or Iron Maiden as I am nodding along to a bit of Tribe Called Quest or Foreigner. But, happy hardcore? No, nope, absolutely not.

Always tickles me when peoole say they have an 'eclectic' taste in music then proceed to name a couple of artists from differing, essentially pop, genres.

I have been subjected to countless editions of Steve Wright's golden oldies over the years. Often the listener will describe their taste in music, and their picks, as eclectic. They never are, and never likely to be. Not on that show at any rate.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Ive always listened to 'Black' music, Reggae, Soul, R&B.. Anything else leaves me cold tbh. Ive tried listening to Rock, Indie etc but it bores me to tears. I definitely prefer 'old school' music.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
RAP there are a few exceptions
Crooning
Music form musical’s, again some exceptions

I try to be fairly open minded about music currently listening to “Tame Impala” I bought the last Harry Styles Album for my daughter and thought that was Ok. But also Enjoy prog epics like “Supers Ready” by Genesis when I’m in the mood for it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Hip-hop
Country
Drum & Bass
R&B

None of them do anything for me. I'd put hip-hop in it's own category of "music which does nothing for me and I can't understand why anyone would like it". With the other three I can kind of see why you might like it, it's just not my cup-of-tea. I don't see anything appealing about hip-hop though. There's no tune, the lyrics are either quite graphic and uninventive or almost non-existent (just the odd grunt) and it seems like the less singing ability you have the more successful you will become.

Having said that, I do try and avoid judging people's taste in music. We just like different sounds going into our ears. I also care a lot less than I used to about what people think of my taste in music.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Hip-hop
Country
Drum & Bass
R&B

None of them do anything for me. I'd put hip-hop in it's own category of "music which does nothing for me and I can't understand why anyone would like it". With the other three I can kind of see why you might like it, it's just not my cup-of-tea. I don't see anything appealing about hip-hop though. There's no tune, the lyrics are either quite graphic and uninventive or almost non-existent (just the odd grunt) and it seems like the less singing ability you have the more successful you will become.

Having said that, I do try and avoid judging people's taste in music. We just like different sounds going into our ears. I also care a lot less than I used to about what people think of my taste in music.

I find the rather widespread ignorance of hip hop interesting. How does somebody with no interest in the genre know that the lyrics are ""graphic or uninventive"? To say there's no tune is just odd.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I have the problem where I cannot work out if some types of modern music is rubbish or im just getting old?

I went to clubs and raves in the 90s where you had house and garage and Jungle drum and bass was evolving, you felt part of a scene, a movement. It seems today there is nothing fresh or underground, I remember the short dub step era though. I think these days its about making your own music rather than spinning tunes

Today I'm more into Dub, great for dancing and chilling, and the club nights have a blend of young and old, great vibe

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I find the rather widespread ignorance of hip hop interesting. How does somebody with no interest in the genre know that the lyrics are ""graphic or uninventive"? To say there's no tune is just odd.

I have plenty of friends who listen to hip-hop and believe it or not I have actually heard quite a lot of it. It's just my opinion :shrug:

I am talking about modern hip-hop. I actually quite like some of the stuff from the 80s and 90s. It seemed to be a lot more fun and tuneful back then.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I have plenty of friends who listen to hip-hop and believe it or not I have actually heard quite a lot of it. It's just my opinion :shrug:

I am talking about modern hip-hop. I actually quite like some of the stuff from the 80s and 90s. It seemed to be a lot more fun and tuneful back then.

Maybe your friends have bad taste :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I can appreciate that genres are good, if you like them. Shit, Cliff Richard does what he does well but I can’t listen to him!

Did I mention that Electronic music does my head in :smile:

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Jazz especially modern. I have tried. Also Opera which is a bit of a large subject to not like I admit, I can enjoy a best of occasionally but I really would have to skip most of it to enjoy the bits I do like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here