Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genesis 1970-75 new Box set

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I was just listening to Planetrock and heard the interview with Banks and Rutherford promoting the recently released box set of remastered CDs and its sounds absolutely brilliant.

"Gotta have that" methinks, so look it up on hmv.co.uk (my preferred) and find that its a 6 DVD and 7 SACD box set that is going to set me back a tidy £119.99 FFS!

Now I know Darling Brown wants me to spend my way out of the economic slump and I love early Genesis but WTF has £120 to spend on CDs they already have ? - even if the rework does sound superb.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
You'd tell me its black, when you know that its white..always the same its just a shame, That's All. :shrug:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Slightly related to Genesis, I would recommend two books written by Chris Stewart.

'Driving over Lemons' and 'A Parrot in the Pepper Tree'. I can't recommend 'The Almond Blossom Appreciation Society' as I have not read it yet..!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
So many good tracks - but Ripples is a favourite.

Fair enough, but that's too recent for this box set. We're talking the vintage stuff here, like this lot....

[yt]eZtZ9PmMJDg[/yt]

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I was just listening to Planetrock and heard the interview with Banks and Rutherford promoting the recently released box set of remastered CDs and its sounds absolutely brilliant.

"Gotta have that" methinks, so look it up on hmv.co.uk (my preferred) and find that its a 6 DVD and 7 SACD box set that is going to set me back a tidy £119.99 FFS!

Now I know Darling Brown wants me to spend my way out of the economic slump and I love early Genesis but WTF has £120 to spend on CDs they already have ? - even if the rework does sound superb.

Try Spin CDs of Newcastle - I think it's about 85 quid on there

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Quite right Barry - Ripples was on Trick of the Tail in 1976 (didn't miss by much). Originally was going to post The Carpet Crawlers (on Lamb Lie Down I recall) but couldn't find a decent vid of PG singing it.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey Barry that video takes me back. I remember seeing Genesis at the Top Rank on the Foxtrot tour; they were supported by Lindisfarne and Rab Noakes. God knows what year that was, 1973?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
30062007023.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here