Brighton
Technology that isn't by Apple.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Kelloggs Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.

There's isn't an own brand that even comes close to it.

I used to think until I discovered the ones they sell in Aldi, by far the closest I've found to Kelloggs, although I do wonder what they put in them.

Any choc ices trying to be Magnums.

Got stitched up last weekend on that one. My missus picked up the so called asda equivalent cos it was a third of the price...me thinks nah, then this big 'ol girl puts ten penneth in by saying that she loves 'em and that they're just as good as Magnums! I opened the packet that evening to find that they're a third of the sodding size!!!???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Some food has to cater for the chav market. Without it there would be no money left over from their Giro to spend on fags and booze.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Consequently, I ain't gonna be pissing about with any other inferior nonsense in future - even if there is a bleedin' recession goin' on. Anybody else seen the light & kicked a cheapie into touch?

yes! remember my asda own brand chocolate limes? we all went rather quiet after I passed them around in the clipped mobile :lol:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Heinz Ketchup.

Batchelors (no, not the soup company in the UK, this one) beans are as good as Heinz but it has to be one or the other.

Barr Irn Bru, nobody else can even do a half-arsed attempt at cloning it properly.

I'm warey of bread that costs less than a euro a loaf - it usually is either stale already or lasts a day. My suspicious mind suggests that maybe the supermarkets rewrap the life-expired premium price ownbrand as the cheap one...

Lyons tea, though when it was sold here, Lipton was decent too - same company (Unilever) though.

I do the majority of my shopping in Lidl now but theres stuff I've learnt not to bother touching after one go. Tesco gets hit for those.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Conversely I prefer Bobby's Bacon Streaks (30p for a huge bag from selected newsagents) are preferable to Frazzle's.

I think it is because if you are going to eat something so synthetic you might as well go all the way. A nice German beer and a bag of Bobby's is a great way to start the weekend.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I always get dissapointed by the epithet " Hot " when applied to cans of own brand Chilli or Curry sauces. Invariably " Hot " means merely warm rather than Flammable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here