Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's stable as a tripod, in that the legs are okay and it doesn't wobble. But there isn't one of those hooks for hanging bags and things from for extra stability.

But, if you are thinking of it, see if you can give it a try first. The one thing that you may find is that the spotter scope is a bit heavy for it and so the pistol grip might not be quite firm enough. But that partly depends upon the balance and so on. For instance, with my older zoom, I get the sag - because it's the camera that's on the tripod head. But my (new to me) old minolta zoom has the tripod mount thing on the lens - and so because the weight is centred, it's fine. It is, after all, really designed for the shorter lens - but see if you can try it out first (we still have a camera shop a couple of stations away so I can still play with stuff first!).

The spotting scope I have is quite light at 625g, It's a 'compact' type, so hopefully weight shouldn't be an issue. That said, I got the Viking Swallow at a great price, as new on eBay, to see if I get on with a spotting scope at entry level. I think the bug has got me though, so may well upgrade at some point, which will likely mean something heavier eventually.

At the price this tripod is going for on eBay, I'd be happy to take a punt as all reviews seem very positive and it ticks all the boxes for me. I'll just make sure if I'm buying 2nd hand though that the quick release circular head is included, as reading that they can be expensive to buy separately.

Thanks for the recommendation. :thumbsup:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The spotting scope I have is quite light at 625g, It's a 'compact' type, so hopefully weight shouldn't be an issue. That said, I got the Viking Swallow at a great price, as new on eBay, to see if I get on with a spotting scope at entry level. I think the bug has got me though, so may well upgrade at some point, which will likely mean something heavier eventually.

At the price this tripod is going for on eBay, I'd be happy to take a punt as all reviews seem very positive and it ticks all the boxes for me. I'll just make sure if I'm buying 2nd hand though that the quick release circular head is included, as reading that they can be expensive to buy separately.

Thanks for the recommendation. :thumbsup:

Oh - I feel terribly responsible now! Hope it works out!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh - I feel terribly responsible now! Hope it works out!

Bought one and now had a spotting scope session on it.

Works a treat! Just what I was after.

Thanks for the recommendation :thumbsup:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
2021_0819_18363100-01.jpeg

Night falling by the London Eye on Saturday.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Phone shot just now while walking home from the game. Seaford Head, Firle Beacon, Mount Caburn and Kingston Ridge all in view. With a much wider angle the i360 would be in the shot too.

DSC_2867-01_compress65.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Where exactly are these? Are they behind Woodingdean Primary School? Nice photo by the way.

If you park in Bexhill Rd near the skate park and walk up the path to the right (under a rusty one bar gate) follow it up, round to the right along a chalk path, keep going for about 10 mins and you will come across them, 2 large fields separated by a fading [oppy filed/track.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
If you park in Bexhill Rd near the skate park and walk up the path to the right (under a rusty one bar gate) follow it up, round to the right along a chalk path, keep going for about 10 mins and you will come across them, 2 large fields separated by a fading [oppy filed/track.

Thank you. I'm a regular visitor to Castle Hill but never noticed fields of yellow. Must be because I'm too busy looking for butterflies!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here