Jul 5, 2003
at home
image.jpg

One for you Jevs :thumbsup:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Fantastic photos!

Can I ask what I can do about selling several lenses and body for a Minolta XGM ?

Does anyone use film any more? Or should I just bin them?
Several hundreds of pounds worth :(

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
DSLR Sensor Cleaning.

I noticed that there was a fluffy spot on all my photos in exactly the same place on light areas. You will see this on the photo just down and to the right of the thing sticking out of the sea on this photo. Apparently the technical term for these is "Dust Bunnies"! They are bits of dust or pollen that somehow make their way in to your camera.
This means that your sensor needs a clean. Clocktower Cameras in Brighton charge £ 35 for this, so I investigated the possibility of doing it myself. It seemed a bit complicated, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
I bought the sensor cleaning kit for my particular camera on Amazon for £ 18, got the technique watching several U-Tube turtorials and had a bash.
Absolute doddle and the dust bunnies have gone. (Eat your heart out, Sillet Bang!)
Took no more than 5 minutes, and with only using one swab, there's still three more in the kit to use at a later date.
A real saving and now no fear of the dust bunnies.

Attachments

• Dust Bunny.jpg
    Dust Bunny.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 232

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I noticed that there was a fluffy spot on all my photos in exactly the same place on light areas. You will see this on the photo just down and to the right of the thing sticking out of the sea on this photo. Apparently the technical term for these is "Dust Bunnies"! They are bits of dust or pollen that somehow make their way in to your camera.
This means that your sensor needs a clean. Clocktower Cameras in Brighton charge £ 35 for this, so I investigated the possibility of doing it myself. It seemed a bit complicated, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
I bought the sensor cleaning kit for my particular camera on Amazon for £ 18, got the technique watching several U-Tube turtorials and had a bash.
Absolute doddle and the dust bunnies have gone. (Eat your heart out, Sillet Bang!)
Took no more than 5 minutes, and with only using one swab, there's still three more in the kit to use at a later date.
A real saving and now no fear of the dust bunnies.

I have just two words to say

Arctic Butterfly

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I have just two words to say

Arctic Butterfly
It could have been worse!
I looked at these but felt safer with the swabs and puffer. I assume you have an Arctic Butterfly? Any good?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Thought I'd venture in to the sunset tonight. Got shat on by a seagull. What a stink fresh seagull poo has. Missed my camera literally by an inch, but went all over the zip on my Parka!
The evening got better when I bumped in to Herr Tubthumper who was jogging along the seafront. After exchanging pleasantries, I headed towards the West Pier to get a few shots. I quite liked this one.

Attachments

• West Pier sunset 1 NSC.jpg
    West Pier sunset 1 NSC.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 210

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Some simply stunning photos on this thread. Keep up the good work all you NSC photographers :thumbsup:

Taken in the glorious winter sunshine at Eastbourne earlier today.

24th December 2014 - Winter sunshine at Eastbourne (20).JPG

I will concede that it is not in the same league as Jack Straw's fine effort but then I didn't get shat upon.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Taken in the glorious winter sunshine at Eastbourne earlier today.

View attachment 61204

I will concede that it is not in the same league as Jack Straw's fine effort but then I didn't get shat upon.
I'm sure that's the culprit on that post!
Would you like me to straighten your photo for you? Otherwise, good shooting.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
It could have been worse!
I looked at these but felt safer with the swabs and puffer. I assume you have an Arctic Butterfly? Any good?

Yes, very good. I've had it for 8 years now, used to have terrible trouble with crap on the sensor and used to spend half my time getting rid of it with photoshop.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
This is a cropped photo from Jack Straw's picture above. It's very complicated photographing aquarium subjects because of the relatively low light conditions couple with the fast movement of the fish.

This one was taken with the flash on and was pretty good....although the flash does pick out all he scratches on the glass.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Thought I'd venture in to the sunset tonight. Got shat on by a seagull. What a stink fresh seagull poo has. Missed my camera literally by an inch, but went all over the zip on my Parka!
The evening got better when I bumped in to Herr Tubthumper who was jogging along the seafront. After exchanging pleasantries, I headed towards the West Pier to get a few shots. I quite liked this one.

That's a stunna!!

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands

That is a great shot. Really love it :)

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden

That is a stunning photo Jack. Now i know, like art, photography is very personal, i thought the two upright pillars in the foreground spoil the whole thing. Just my humble and very uneducated opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here