Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I also note that the new Ofcom CEO used to work in Tony Blair's policy unit - so perhaps it's not at all surprising that an Ofcom decision would so benefit Labour

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I also note that the new Ofcom CEO used to work in Tony Blair's policy unit - so perhaps it's not at all surprising that an Ofcom decision would so benefit Labour

I thought the Ofcom decision to exclude the Greens from TV debates was made last March when they decided to include UKIP as a major party and four is enough. Ofcom will only change their mind if the Greens get more votes than the LibDems in May.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
think its pretty horrendous that a quango can decree what is and isnt a "major party". what is their method and metrics? i cant see on what objective grounds you can include UKIP and exclude Greens. i dont consider either to be a major party, both are by definition special interest parties.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Very clever move by David Cameron...he won't participate in any TV debate unless Greens are also invited. Who says Tory politicians aren't shrewd?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30726499

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Politics are the cause of 50% of all problems, religion is the other 50

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Amazing the future of the country gets 75 pages, Ched Evans now on 133. Shows what interests some peeple..

True - although I wonder if there is one person who has changed their mind as a result of anything they've read on this thread. I've actually found the views on the Evans thread quite interesting as it is genuine moral debate. A lot of what's on here is just Tories and Labour spouting without listening to the other sides point of view.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It doesn't surprise me: heaven knows I'm no Tory but that Ofcom decision was a shocker and pretty blatantly Labour-biased

I disagree , Ofcom has been a government poodle since its inception , take a look at their stance on TV censorship which doesn't allow allow adults to choose what they want to watch because Ofcom "have to think of the children".

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I disagree , Ofcom has been a government poodle since its inception , take a look at their stance on TV censorship which doesn't allow allow adults to choose what they want to watch because Ofcom "have to think of the children".

Well, the "poodle" has made a decision that quite clearly upsets the government, so it's not quite as docile as you think

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well, the "poodle" has made a decision that quite clearly upsets the government, so it's not quite as docile as you think

I think Dave was quite happy to leave the Greens out of the TV debates until he discovered polling data suggesting former LibDem voters who jumped into bed with Labour are now moving across to the Greens.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
National Poll (YouGov) 07 - 08 Jan:

CON - 33% (+1)
LAB - 33% (-)
UKIP - 13% (-2)
LDEM - 8% (+1)
GRN - 7% (-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports