Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

D

Deleted member 22389

New Labour, Old Labour, i started work when Old Labour were in.......just as bad, ran up debts as per then as well. Milliband "he's earned the gratitude of people"......earned what?, what exactly has the leader of the opposition "earned".

Absolutely nothing. The party wouldn't stoop this low would they.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
New Labour was a lie. When Thatcher was asked what her greatest achievement was, she pointed to Blair. That's all you need to know.

Ok but this line of argument doesn't get you very far. It means Labour lied to the country. I beleive Blair was voted through the Labour electoral system which included block votes from the Union Barons.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
New Labour old Labour they can call it what they like the end result will be the same"There is no money left"

In 1997 Labour inherited a debt of 42% of GDP which by 2008 had been reduced to 35%. They inherited a deficit of 3.9% of GDP which by 2008 had fallen to 2.1%. Doesn't look like overspending there. It all went tits up after the Global Financial Crisis struck and whoever was in power would have been screwed.
p.s The deficit in 1994 was nearly 8% of GDP :eek:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
New Labour was a lie. When Thatcher was asked what her greatest achievement was, she pointed to Blair. That's all you need to know.
Really ?? A falsely propagated rumour that she is "said" to have replied new labour when asked what her greatest achievement was proves very, very little.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Ok but this line of argument doesn't get you very far. It means Labour lied to the country. I beleive Blair was voted through the Labour electoral system which included block votes from the Union Barons.

It was labour pure and simple. So what is he saying the labour of then isn't the labour of now? It seems to me that the same faces are still there. Balls,Harman,Abott. Speaking of which,where are they.? Yep it's labour.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Really ?? A falsely propagated rumour that she is "said" to have replied new labour when asked what her greatest achievement was proves very, very little.
Hmm, seems i was wrong, anyway, id rather stick pins in my balls than ever vote labour, they despise the working class they pretend to represent.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hmm, seems i was wrong, anyway, id rather stick pins in my balls than ever vote labour, they despise the working class they pretend to represent.

Yawn

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

In her favour Maggie was suffering from Alzheimers and could have been replying to a question about the price of a pint of milk.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Do you own a pinball machine ???

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In 1997 Labour inherited a debt of 42% of GDP which by 2008 had been reduced to 35%. They inherited a deficit of 3.9% of GDP which by 2008 had fallen to 2.1%. Doesn't look like overspending there. It all went tits up after the Global Financial Crisis struck and whoever was in power would have been screwed.
p.s The deficit in 1994 was nearly 8% of GDP :eek:

Like facts are ever going to change peoples perceptions! :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love this thread.:thumbsup:

:lolol: yeah, it is quite amusing isn't it. It's kind of like a punch bag, if you need to let some steam off come here and hurl some insults about for 5 mins then go back to what you were doing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Apparently Nigel Farage was shat on by a seagull today. Word is quickly getting around that he is a Palarse fan :lol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ed Milliband more popular than Cameron now in the Survation poll , momentum is building

thats an interesting turn around given his absence from media over easter. maybe all leaders could follow this lesson to improve their popularity?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
thats an interesting turn around given his absence from media over easter. maybe all leaders could follow this lesson to improve their popularity?

Cameron would certainly improve his popularity with me if he was absent.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You didn't vote Labour in 1997, you voted New Labour so you were effectively voting Tory. Miliband has tried to take the party back to its core values of looking after the working class and disadvantaged, he's not done it perfectly by any means but he's earned the gratitude of people who are fed up of the machine politicians and elitists you clearly love.

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here