Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gazza sectioned....

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Apologies then. I hope and pray Gazza sorts it out but it looks like he had made a menatl decision to completely press the self detruct button, like Tosh from the Bill he basically decided to end his life with massive boozing sessions.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
He was one of my heroes growing up and it is very sad to witness his very public decline.

Will always be a legend in my eyes.

gazza.jpg

:clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Apologies then. I hope and pray Gazza sorts it out but it looks like he had made a menatl decision to completely press the self detruct button, like Tosh from the Bill he basically decided to end his life with massive boozing sessions.
Yeah but unlike Tosh from The Bill, Gazza is a fictional character.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its a pity that Gazza has serious psychiatric problems. Perhaps some of it is down to being famous and when it starts going downhill and he is no longer a cult figure he cannot cope with all the pressures. Stuart Goddard (Adam Ant) has also gone through these episodes and former personalities will make it into the news when they go off the rails. Gazza needs help in fighting his addictions and disorders and should be sectioned for a minimum of 6 months , the problem maybe getting 2 psychiatric consultants to agree on this course of action. If nothing is done he will either drink himself to death or top himself when a depression descends on him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sadly, Gazza seems to be completely and terminally away with the fairies. There's a load of shrewdies made a fortune out of him including his agents and his gold-digging bitch of an ex-wife. I'll always hate him on a footballing level for that goal against Scotland at Wembley at Euro 96, but will readily admit that the boy was an idiot-savant GENIUS on the field. But seeing his auto-destruction played out in public is very very sad. Hope the story has a happy ending but increasingly difficult to see how that can ever happen.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ferguson on Gascoigne:

"We spoke to him the night before I went on holiday. He says 'Go and enjoy yourself Mr Ferguson, I'll be signing for Manchester United'.
"So I went on my holidays but Martin Edwards [then chairman] rang and said 'I've got some bad news - he signed for Tottenham. They bought a house for his mother and father in the North East and that swung it".

Biggest mistake of Gascoignes life I'd say.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
can't help feeling that had he gone to man united at the start of his career he may have been saved :(
How exactly though? He's not just acting weirdly by a conscious decision or behaving out of control and lacking discipline by any personal choice; it's clear that the guy is severely mentally ill; those odd facial tics and so on which have always looked like symptoms of bad mental health have sadly always been there since the start. Not sure there's much Fergie could have done about that, IMHO.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think that's true in the slightest, as has been discussed on here before

Are you trying to tell me the French, Italians and Germans won't be clinking their glasses and having a laugh at our expense?

I was there in Porto watching the big screen when France scored twice in injury time to beat us 2-1? The square went f***ing wild with delight and the town was a Euro Love-In zone for the next 24 hours. The only people silent were the English and some Dutch who'd got there early for the Germany match.

Sure, the barkeepers and restauranteurs might be upset but the other sets of fans couldn't give a monkeys about England. The Dutch and Danes are OK but the rest of Europe HATES us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How exactly though? He's not just acting weirdly by a conscious decision or that he's out of control or lacking discipline by any personal choice; it's clear that the guy is severely mentally ill; those odd facial tics and so on which have always looked like symptoms of bad mental health have sadly always been there since the start. Not sure there's much Fergie could have done about that, IMHO.

We'll never really know I suppose. But those nightly binges in London with Baker and Evans would have been kerbed (if only for the fact he'd have been stuck up north). You get the impression Venables rather indulged him, whereas Ferguson wouldn't have stood for it. The slippery slope for Gascoigne started at Spurs in the bright lights of London. I reckon his life would've turned out very differently had he been under Fergusons control at that stage of his career.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Are you trying to tell me the French, Italians and Germans won't be clinking their glasses and having a laugh at our expense?

I was there in Porto watching the big screen when France scored twice in injury time to beat us 2-1? The square went f***ing wild with delight and the town was a Euro Love-In zone for the next 24 hours. The only people silent were the English and some Dutch who'd got there early for the Germany match.

Sure, the barkeepers and restauranteurs might be upset but the other sets of fans couldn't give a monkeys about England. The Dutch and Danes are OK but the rest of Europe HATES us.

The Dutch fans are NOT ok - ask the German fans about them. They really are big ruddy-faced arrogant twats.

Well, if anyone's determined to stick with the hackneyed old "they all HATE us" stuff - it's proved a tried and tested way of justifying xenophobia thrown back at THEM, for example - then fine; I think it sounds quite entertainingly bitter. I'm just saying that every German/French/Swiss football fan I've spoken to about England's failure to qualify for Euro 2008, or German football pundit I've watched thinks it's a massive shame that England aren't there next week, one of them (Gerhard Delling, since you don't ask) shook his head and described their absence as "totally unthinkable".

I wish I still had the link to the NSC thread I started prior to the 2006 world cup that had an opinion poll of Germany fans who said that if Germany weren't going to win it, the team they'd otherwise prefer to win it was actually...wait for it...England - all of which seems a slightly unusual form of hatred to me; I can't quite imagine that particular weltanschauung will have changed much in the last two years. But...whatever.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
We'll never really know I suppose. But those nightly binges in London with Baker and Evans would have been kerbed (if only for the fact he'd have been stuck up north). You get the impression Venables rather indulged him, whereas Ferguson wouldn't have stood for it. The slippery slope for Gascoigne started at Spurs in the bright lights of London. I reckon his life would've turned out very differently had he been under Fergusons control at that stage of his career.

So - just to check - kebabs in your youth make you profoundly MAD later in life?

Right, I'm off out to buy a NAPOLEON hat. :(

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
With respect Laura he is always worse than Best got. Best was not mentally ill and did not want to die, his body just gave up, Gazza is mentally ill and appears to want to die. He has given up. Its about bloody time the authorities took him in and sectioned him for 6 months and detained him. If he is allowed to roams the streets without a job or a home of his own he will probably be dead by the end of the year. For heavens sake the Doctors yesterday released him afetr 2 hours saying he was ok and he was found later staggering around and had to be taken in again.

End this farce NOW and give Gazza help whether he wants it or not or the Doctors and authorities will have his death on their concience.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
With respect Laura he is always worse than Best got. Best was not mentally ill and did not want to die, his body just gave up, Gazza is mentally ill and appears to want to die. He has given up. Its about bloody time the authorities took him in and sectioned him for 6 months and detained him. If he is allowed to roams the streets without a job or a home of his own he will probably be dead by the end of the year. For heavens sake the Doctors yesterday released him afetr 2 hours saying he was ok and he was found later staggering around and had to be taken in again.

End this farce NOW and give Gazza help whether he wants it or not or the Doctors and authorities will have his death on their concience.

And with all due respect, alcoholism is a mental illness, and he did want to die.

The Mental Health Act has become so complicated that it is difficult to detain someone at the moment - I have seen cases similar to this many times on the wards and in the community where on the outside it looks like they should be sectioned - but we have to prove that he doesn't have the capacity to stop drinking himself to death - because he may well do. You can't just detain someone just because theyre an alcoholic and need treatment if they have the capacity to refuse it - if they have got the capacity then it is assault to detain them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here