Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gazza Helps Out Nsc

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Gazza in miracle escape

Wreckage ... Gazza's BMW is loaded onto a tow truck after it ran into into the back of a van yesterday

By ROBIN PERRIE
SOCCER star Paul Gascoigne had a miracle escape yesterday when he smashed his £45,000 BMW into the back of an Asda van.

The windscreen of his X5 4x4 was shattered and the bonnet was crushed — but amazingly the ex-England ace came out unscathed.

Gazza, 36, who was on his own in the car, said: “I just ran into the back of a van. I’m fine, but I am a bit shaken up.”

The crash happened in Dunston, Tyne and Wear, the home town of the former Newcastle and Spurs midfielder.

Gazza smashed into the van after swerving to avoid a car coming the opposite way which had veered into his lane.

The star passed a breath-test, which is compulsory after all car accidents.

Gazza ... escaped unhurt

Andrew Barrett, 13, who saw the aftermath of the smash when he got home from school, said: “The van was not badly damaged but the car was in a terrible state.

“The bonnet was all smashed in. The way it looked I would have been very surprised if whoever was driving it was not hurt.”

But the star’s best mate Jimmy “Five Bellies” Gardner said last night: “Gazza is sound as a pound. He was not hurt at all.”

The Asda van was stationary when Gazza hit it. A spokeswoman for the firm said: “Our driver had pulled up at the side of the road to deliver some shopping to a woman who had ordered it over the internet.

“A BMW crashed into the back of the van pushing it into a car in front.

“Our driver was not even in the van so he escaped without any injury.

“We understand the BMW was in a bit of state and the back doors of the van were damaged. The driver was unable to carry on with the rest of his deliveries.”

Police are appealing for witnesses.

Nov 3, 2003
did anyone see him was on a sky channel few days back Gazza and less well known soccer people and famous streekers now youd think Gazza was up for a laugh but he was only one that woodnt bear all in a game of naked football (yeo im not making it up and no i didnt enjoy watching anything but the way he lifted the ball over the wall, football that is before yoy strart!)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
lastweek.jpg

oneboot

Aug 4, 2003
Burgess Hill
Whops! sorry. . . I'll hide.

No probs. The earlier thread had dropped off the front page & has now been merged with oneboot's thread - so, just like Gazza, it gets a nice bounce.

Lord Bracknell

Last edited by a moderator:

oneboot

Aug 4, 2003
Burgess Hill
I had a quick look but could not find anything. I stupidly do work during the day and don’t get time to check all of NCS….

Thanks though!:)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here