Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay As You Go.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oceanic said:
kissing and caressing the footballers, who play for different sides.
[/URL]

You don't say :lolol:

I like the way the paper instantly brands it as "sordid" despite the fact that it's nothing more than a bit of sex between consenting adults. It's not as though it's ruined someone's life, or is in the public interest.

I find it slightly irritating that if they pick up stuff like this, the red tops always go wading straight in with the "shock, horror, scandal" angle.

Yet when someone chooses to come out (or more likely is threatened with being outed by the paper), they always take the moral high ground, and gush on about how "brave" that individual is, and how supportive their fans are bound to be now the NOTW has helped them come to terms with it. So long as they get the exclusive.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Re: Re: Gay As You Go.

Bry Nylon said:
proof, if ever it was needed, that Premiership players are paid too much...

Surely it wouldn't have cost him anything, so long as his mate didn't answer the calls!!

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Re: Re: Gay As You Go.

edna krabappel said:
You don't say :lolol:

I like the way the paper instantly brands it as "sordid" despite the fact that it's nothing more than a bit of sex between consenting adults. It's not as though it's ruined someone's life, or is in the public interest.

I find it slightly irritating that if they pick up stuff like this, the red tops always go wading straight in with the "shock, horror, scandal" angle.

Yet when someone chooses to come out (or more likely is threatened with being outed by the paper), they always take the moral high ground, and gush on about how "brave" that individual is, and how supportive their fans are bound to be now the NOTW has helped them come to terms with it. So long as they get the exclusive.

Quite. I'm sure you could write up any incident in anyone's normal sex life and dress it up as sordid, depraved, etc etc, as if suggesting this was all done in a public place and in some way criminal... Journalists included, though maybe not quite so often...

Never mind footballers, though, are there actually any high-profile sports stars who have come out? Couldn't think of any immediately.
Surely some day someone will take that step forward, and for all the inevitable abuse they could suffer, may be surprised by the volume of sympathy and support from many followers, public authorities, even the media, and help lead to a more formal backlash against homophobic abuse? Maybe, maybe...

In this story, though, I'm more disgusted of Tunbridge Wells about the infidelity aspect, since it doesn't include Campbell or Jenas, but someone for whom it's clearly a case of Boys Allowed as well - so long as his mobile phone signal isn't affected by an electronic tag...
???

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Nah, it's not JJ. Try JP...

StevieV

Aug 13, 2003
The article only says one of them was capped by england.

So Jermaine Jenas and Ashley Cole can't be the combination.

Why the initials anyway?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
what has Dick Van Dyke got to do with the music industry

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I really didn't take any notice of this story until I ended up chatting to a friend's friend at Sunday lunch in London y'day. Really engaging chap, very well connected with editors and Chelsea FC, dines with Morinho regularly and so forth. Gave me a fasinating insight into the world of big money football, Abromovich etc, I felt very humble just talking to him in my little ordinary job!

Anyway, one of the things he talked about was this story and though he doesn't know for sure he does know the story's just about to get a lot bigger and the Sun should be publishling something later this week. They've got the players checkmated and have told them either they have a limited period to give them the story' exclusive rights or they'll make it 10 times worse. Because he knows Chelsea so well he reckons it's a former west ham youngster....and I'll say no more than that! Other stuff he talked about from the world of football, well I never, Viv Andersen George Burley and Gary Lineker's out of paper schenannigans!!! And what the tabloids in general are like when you scorn them, christ, they can be visious, utterly utterly spiteful. Wouldn't want to cross them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here