Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gavin and Stacey

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Uncle Bryn and Doris are BRILLIANT in it. I love it, not ashamed to say it. Some brilliant quotes and one liners. Although some of the humour is obvious, there are some briilliant subtle jokes that you dont notice at first, but watching again you think, GENIUS.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I haven't watch series one or two, but my brother forced me to watch the Christmas episode last Christmas.

I quite enjoyed last nights show. It wasn't laugh out loud funny, but it was a nice feel good comdedy. I particularly liked the jokes about the salad.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Uncle Bryn and Doris are BRILLIANT in it. I love it, not ashamed to say it. Some brilliant quotes and one liners. Although some of the humour is obvious, there are some briilliant subtle jokes that you dont notice at first, but watching again you think, GENIUS.

Doris is becoming the best character in it I reckon. Her use of the odd swear word is CRACKIN.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ok, maybe slightly slow here but can anyone explain the ongoing joke about Owain the web manager? "And no, I don't!"?

A Welsh thing?

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I think the problem it has is that in the desert that is mainstream sitcom it currently stands out a mile, so it gets lots of attention. There's also an element of build em up knock em down here.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also the first of a new series and they had to spend some time introducing new characters- Nessa's dad, Smithy's mum etc which reduces the time for jokes.

IMHO it wasn't a classic like most other episodes have been, but there were enough decent jokes & a couple of laugh-out-loud moments (generally at the expense of the Welsh or Gavin's mum) to keep me interested.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just Googled it & the Internet is full of bemused English people this morning asking about Owain Hughes & Bryn enquiring "and do you?"?

I reckon it's a Welsh conspiracy: none of them will ever tell, just for the satisfaction of having that power over us:lolol:

Either that or it's a mystery that'll never be answered, like what happened with Uncle Bryn & Jason on that boat.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, and Bryn singing Something Inside So Strong at Neil The Baby's christening: immense :lolol:

Just Googled it & the Internet is full of bemused English people this morning asking about Owain Hughes & Bryn enquiring "and do you?"?

I reckon it's a Welsh conspiracy: none of them will ever tell, just for the satisfaction of having that power over us:lolol:

:angel:
Would we?
Okay, I'm breaking ranks here but I don't know and none of the Welshie's I know... erm, know either.
I'm guessing it is a joke that might become clear later, or it is just totally random.

This explanation fits I reckon...
the Owain joke is just a red herring. It was a way of implying that Gavin was a bit of a lost soul in this foreign country where the TV programmes feature weathermen talking about the tomatoes in some old codger's garden in Cwm Bach and people speaking Welsh. The Owain joke was just another thing used to make him look like an alien. There IS no joke about Owain Morgan, although there is a Welsh TV and radio personality called Owen Money...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Doris is becoming the best character in it I reckon. Her use of the odd swear word is CRACKIN.

Doris is a national treasure. Even if she didnt make a salad :angry:

The higher you build your barriers, the taller I become :clap2:

Attachments

• bryn.JPG
    bryn.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This explanation fits I reckon...
the Owain joke is just a red herring. It was a way of implying that Gavin was a bit of a lost soul in this foreign country where the TV programmes feature weathermen talking about the tomatoes in some old codger's garden in Cwm Bach and people speaking Welsh. The Owain joke was just another thing used to make him look like an alien. There IS no joke about Owain Morgan, although there is a Welsh TV and radio personality called Owen Money...

Ah, but that's what they WANT us to think ;)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Loved the idea that Bryn would sing a song about the struggle against apartheid at a christening. Genius :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It would be a "miner" miracle if anyone could work that one out.

:clap:

Maybe someone at BBC Wales will eventually leek the true story behind it :p

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Glad they aren't making a third series. My gf watches it religiously but maybe I'm getting too old for this sort of thing, which would be worrying at only 29, but I really think the only thing it has going for it is Rob Brydon.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Glad they aren't making a third series. My gf watches it religiously but maybe I'm getting too old for this sort of thing, which would be worrying at only 29, but I really think the only thing it has going for it is Rob Brydon.

Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt last night the first one of series 3?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here