Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gavin and Stacey

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
great feel-good comedy. If you don't like it, don't watch it!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like it

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I like it, I just don't love it and I don't really understand why it seems to get the media coverage it does. The joke about Gavin 's first day at work tonight was funny when Stacey called, five minutes in it was getting a little bit tired. Are they really going to be doing the homesick thing AGAIN?

Things I've liked FAR more recently - Mighty Boosh, Inbetweeners, Pulling, Outnumbered, Peep Show - loads of stuff. It's all very nice and I'd watch it with my Mum - It just seems to be the Michael McIntyre of sit coms.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I like it, is overhyped though, I find it more of an easy to watch thing for 30 mins rather than ground breaking belly ache comedy. Tidy. Crackin.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
No, its the first thing i have watched on telly since the Albions game against Southampton, and wasn't disappointed,
Come to think about, the next episode next Thursday will probably be the next programme i will watch :thumbsup:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Great feel-good comedy. Cheerful. Not taking the piss. No swearing. And with funny people, being, well funny. There is always a danger of over-exposure - but that is the world we live in. Enjoy.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think it's overrated, having dipped into it now and again.

However, I thought the same about The Office and The Inbetweeners, and having gone back and watched from the very start, eventually got into both, the Office in particular.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Never really bothered watching it for more than a few minutes. I like my humour less subtle - Inbetweeners, Peep Show, Mighty Boosh etc.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
The first series was good but since I realised James Corden is a massive cock, I've gone off the prog somewhat

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
They say there are no plans for a "season" after this one, and they're rather right with that. Everything becomes tiresome and samey after a while, and there's not much of a storyline to actually work with and develop beyond this reversal of fortunes for Gavin and his enforced life with the backward people of Barry. For me, last night's episode was pretty much unfunny, but gentle and fluffy enough to still be easy to watch. It reminded me of the last series of Just Good Friends when it didn't matter so much about the jokes any more and you just wanted the opposites who attracted to make it up the aisle (fnarr). So this time we want the two fat ones to get together properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here