Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gattuso

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
rugby league system may be in order whereby players are booked and placed on report to be reviewed by the refereeing panel mid week.........just a thought,i just think he has bought the game into disrepute and should be treated accordingly.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Maybe I'm going soft in my old age, but all this fuss over Gattuso seems a little OTT to me.

Sure, he went a bit mad, but it was only at Joe Jordan, FFS. I think it was quite funny to watch, as opposed to a grotesque stain on the reputation of the game or whatever the papers are trying to sell it as. It's not like he did it to the match officials, he just got in the face of a burly old Scotsman who's been around the block a few times. Jordan's seen worse than that any night he's ever been out for a drink in Glasgow.

I can't see it warrants a ten game ban. I would assume it would be three, as that's what he'd have got if the referee had sent him off for it at the time.

Spot on. The ridiculous "ban him for life" brigade must be on a wind up. 3 games would be about right.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
[AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has been charged with "gross unsporting conduct" after head-butting Tottenham assistant coach Joe Jordan.
European football's governing body Uefa specified the charge Gattuso will face at a disciplinary hearing on Monday.
Its disciplinary code calls for a ban of at least one European match for unsporting conduct.
But the punishment for "assaulting players or others present at the match" is a ban of three games or more.]

I think this is more than fair. I think calling it a head-butt is a bit strong. He barely touched Jordan. I've seen Eskimo kisses with more violence.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here