Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gary Shaw RIP

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Sad news, part of my growing up on Birmingham.
Went to the same school as him in Kingshurst and was in my sisters class three years in front of me.
Inspired a lot of us when he signed for Villa.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Without wishing to appear disrespectful, why does that deserve a mention on here ?
For many of us a name from our football linked past, growing up supporting the Albion from childhood. Many will have seen him play.

By the way, from the outside a seemingly very disrespectful comment.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Without wishing to appear disrespectful, why does that deserve a mention on here ?
Maybe because it’s a football forum?
Might not seem that way with all the politics bollocks on here, but nice to acknowledge a decent player of his time.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Supporter for 60 years, but have to admit his name didn't jump out at me, sorry
I'm a little surprised then.

Gary Shaw was pivotal in Aston Villa's shock title win in 1981. An incredible season that went to the wire with Ipswich Town. 18 league goals and a formidable connection with Tony Morley. As mentioned, unlucky with injuries. Sad way to go. RIP. A name that certainly jumps out from my childhood. Felt a sad frison when I saw the thread title.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Supporter for 60 years, but have to admit his name didn't jump out at me, sorry
If you read any of the football publications at the time, like Shoot and Match, you’d certainly recognize him even if you can’t remember the name. He was quite a striking figure due to his hair.

RIP

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Decent player much loved by Ron Saunders as i remember , good looking lad very blonde hair as i recall , the original Grealish in a way .

Very sad .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here