Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Neville

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Oh, don't get me wrong. Neville is an excellent pundit. He is renowned for his hatred of scousers. Obviously he can't carry that over to his new job.

Oh, don't get me wrong. Neville is an excellent pundit. He is renowned for his hatred of scousers... and I applaud his mastery of the latest televisual technology that exposes the secrets of our beautiful game to the masses as well as his total enthusiasm and common sense.

But if he was to walk into my living room when me and the boy are watching the Albion live on ESPN and Buckley had just put us 3-0 up against Liverpool and he tried to press the pause button and give us some unwanted mid match analysis I'd say NEVILLE. NOOOO......

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh, don't get me wrong. Neville is an excellent pundit. He is renowned for his hatred of scousers... and I applaud his mastery of the latest televisual technology that exposes the secrets of our beautiful game to the masses as well as his total enthusiasm and common sense.

But if he was to walk into my living room when me and the boy are watching the Albion live on ESPN and Buckley had just put us 3-0 up against Liverpool and he tried to press the pause button and give us some unwanted mid match analysis I'd say NEVILLE. NOOOO......

:lolol:

MV5BMTUwMTU5MTA2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQ3NDgxMQ@@._V1._SX301_SY475_.jpg

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He's what an analysis should be he only looks so good because the rest are f***ing dogshit.

This is the key for me. Not wishing to detract from the fact he is a bloody good pundit but I can honestly say the lazy, cliched, bland and frankly pathetic BBC, ITV, ESPN and SkySports pundits are not exactly competition...

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I never used to take much notice of what Mr Neville used to say whilst playing for Man Utd but when he became a pundit I was taken aback with his analysis of the game. He comes across as a very tatical and knowledgable bloke. A coup for the FA by taking him on board. My only gripe about the bloke is when he was talking about the Tottenham - Man Utd game yesterday he quite clearly said that Dempsy should have gone down in the area when tackled by Evra and not stayed on his feet. He also said that it was very clever of Ramires to find Szczesnys' outstretched leg to gain a penalty for Chelsea against Arsenal yesterday. I do not like this attitude in the game and hope he is not passing it it on when involved with the England team. We are trying to erradicate diving/simulation from the game and I hope the FA have a quite word in his ear.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
:lolol::lolol: Loved this bit from the mail article - Funny because it's true.

He's veered from appointing the best up-and-coming young manager in Jose Mourinho to a friend in Avram Grant, to a World Cup-winning Brazilian in Luiz Felipe Scolari, back to another friend in Guus Hiddink, to a Champions League legend as player and manager in Carlo Ancelotti, back to the best up-and-coming manager in Andre Villas-Boas, to a club favourite in Roberto Di Matteo and ending up at Rafa Benitez, who the fans don't like.

So where does he go now?

If you were a headhunter drawing up a short-list for managers next season and didn't know the history of the club, where would you look? The best in Spain?

Well Tito Vilanova's not going to leave Barcelona so you would have to look at Mourinho. But you've sacked him.

In England, you'll never get Sir Alex or Arsene Wenger and you'll never buy out Roberto Mancini at Manchester City.

So which manager is third in the league right now? Well, that's Benitez. You've already got him.

What about fourth? That's Villas-Boas. But you've sacked him.

Look to France and who is manager of their biggest club, Paris St Germain - a man with enormous pedigree in the game? Ancelotti. But you've sacked him.

Look further abroad then.

Who is manager of the most successful nation in football history, Brazil? Who has been entrusted with that nation's most important campaign, the 2014 World Cup, which they will host? That's Scolari.

But you've sacked him

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Think it's GN's hatred of all things connected to Liverpool coming through.

Mind you, he does have a point. £50M plus very high wages?

I more peed off that Ba is on the bench. (Fantasy League thing).

You have a point and unless a ManUre fan he was a hated cock as a player.

But for Sky, I think he is fair and refreshingly honest.

It was brilliant last season when he ripped apart, I think it was AVBs Chelsea, and generally the lazy Arshavin.

Unfortunately, since an England coach, he's had to tone it down.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
You have a point and unless a ManUre fan he was a hated cock as a player.

But for Sky, I think he is fair and refreshingly honest.

It was brilliant last season when he ripped apart, I think it was AVBs Chelsea, and generally the lazy Arshavin.

Unfortunately, since an England coach, he's had to tone it down.

ARSHAVIN :lol: £5m a year and they can't get rid of the lazy lump for love nor money.

Snarkey5

Banned
Feb 8, 2011
what actually happend to torress tho? how can a player lose so much potency at such a young age, he's not even 30 and he was on the way down 2 years ago, was it that injury?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think the best attribute Neville has is he consistently played football at the highest level not very long ago therefore is in touch with the game which is probably why many other pundits are so poor.

Hanson, Lawrenson and Shearer out of touch. Rednapp is a dick, Wilkins and arse licker and Souness yesterdays man.

As for Savage he is like a broken pencil, pointless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here