Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Neville part of Hodgson's coaching team

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So much knowledge and understanding of the game, comes across as a real likeable chap on the tellybox!

Showed a lot of class after the games yesterday!

I remember once when Utd were losing and he was played a lovely ball as he ran in to the box .... he was cleaned up, fairly, by the opposition centreback and went down looking for the pen. When it wasn't given he had a hissy fit and ended up slapping the turf like a 10 year old.... not much class that day.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I remember once when Utd were losing and he was played a lovely ball as he ran in to the box .... he was cleaned up, fairly, by the opposition centreback and went down looking for the pen. When it wasn't given he had a hissy fit and ended up slapping the turf like a 10 year old.... not much class that day.

And how many footballers do you see do that week in week out?...every single one of them.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I know, imagine having a bit of desire and the want to win :glare:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Does this mean there's no place for Stuart Pearce?

God I hope so.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know, imagine having a bit of desire and the want to win :glare:

Or shouting foul abuse at the ref and having a tantrum ?.. yep, management potential there all right

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Or shouting foul abuse at the ref and having a tantrum ?.. yep, management potential there all right

Ironic post I assume

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Gary Neville has walked into Andy Gray and Andy Townsend's job, a job they've been doing for years, and shat all over anything they did in their time as commentators. Luckily both are being heard less and less on the tv these days (Gray not at all).

Neville was up there with my most hated players in his playing days. He's quickly become my favourite pundit. Seems like an alright bloke, much like Savage, on the pitch he was a bit of a c*nt because he knew that's what it takes to perhaps make up for the lack of technical genius in his game. He knows his stuff, and yesterday confirmed he is nowhere near as biased as i'd have expected. In fact, he probably gave Man City more credit than other pundits did post match.

Good appointment.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How many U21 matches do you watch? Because he's really not doing that great a job.

That's what I thought. I haven't been remotely convinced by the U21s lately, they've looked clueless and uninspired. It's all very well Pearce having passion, but you need a bit of nous too.

I refuse to get sucked into the Neville-hating simply because he played for United. Objectively, I want England to do well: and I think he could be a really important part of that.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Can see Neville providing a very much respected link between the management and squad. A very shrewd move by hodgson I think

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Don't be surprised to see Paul Scholes in the England squad. I think Hodgson is exactly the sort of man, Scholes would play for in Euro 2012 and now Neville is on board....who knows. I've suddenly got a good feeling about the summer. Don't know why, I just love the fact we are going into it, totally under the radar and largely written off.

That's what I thought. I haven't been remotely convinced by the U21s lately, they've looked clueless and uninspired. It's all very well Pearce having passion, but you need a bit of nous too.

I refuse to get sucked into the Neville-hating simply because he played for United. Objectively, I want England to do well: and I think he could be a really important part of that.

This is the truth.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
In Claridge's defence of taking himself too seriously, the guy really does put the hours in. I'm not sure there are any other pundits with his extensive knowledge of club squads from the Premier League down to Conference football. He's not everyone's cup of tea, but I do think he works a lot harder than a lot of his contemporaries.
That's a fair shout. He definitely puts the hours in. Just think he's not very good.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Loads of time for Gary Neville and his football nous is easy to see now, say what you like but Fergie will have trained him well - sparkling choice in my view

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Woy is learn ing quick eh?

Get the squad on board.....Neville is a top move and will be used as the link between manager and team!!

Clever!!!

:cheers:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
tremendous acquisition. Loathed the man as a player, as good as he was but he is astonishingly good as a pundit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here