Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Moore

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Blimey, my eyes aren't that good. I now know you can hold a sax - doesn't mean you can play it !! Mind, sax played badly is awful, so I guess you can. I'm still loving playing my Les Paul at the mo, so I'm not moving on just yet.

View attachment 51285

How's that, playing clarinet with the band in between vocals and sax sitting in the forefront for other numbers.
Larger version of avatar, I do not post as a alias, this is me, or maybe the other band members are also pretending!

View attachment 51285

Attachments

• The Band.jpg
    The Band.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 78

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
View attachment 51285

How's that, playing clarinet with the band in between vocals and sax sitting in the forefront for other numbers.
Larger version of avatar, I do not post as a alias, this is me, or maybe the other band members are also pretending!

View attachment 51285

Ah cool. Reminds me of my gigging days many years ago. Once i've got my blues guitar mojo back, I might tip-toe back into some live stuff if I can.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Ah cool. Reminds me of my gigging days many years ago. Once i've got my blues guitar mojo back, I might tip-toe back into some live stuff if I can.

You can't beat the buzz I can tell ye.
I hadn't played for years before I came here, but with so little to do in spare time I stared again.
Wish I'd never stopped, we play covers and do some originals for parties and functions.
Sax players are a rare breed here and I play as a guest with all sorts of musos and we actually get paid!
I am writing some sax parts for other band's existing songs and getting to record albums with them.
Shame I still have to do a proper job.:nono:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
You can't beat the buzz I can tell ye.
I hadn't played for years before I came here, but with so little to do in spare time I stared again.
Wish I'd never stopped, we play covers and do some originals for parties and functions.
Sax players are a rare breed here and I play as a guest with all sorts of musos and we actually get paid!
I am writing some sax parts for other band's existing songs and getting to record albums with them.
Shame I still have to do a proper job.:nono:

Sounds triffic. I did the band scene late 80s/early 90s then work and commuting took over and I didn't touch the guitar for nearly 20 years, then last summer I suddenly got a buzz for it again, bought 3 new guitars and play every day. Because I was self-taught first time round, I found a super online teaching site and basically started from scratch - but now, because I have structure to my learning and so many tools available these days, my knowledge is much more thorough, even if I'm not as well practised as yet. Loving it.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sounds triffic. I did the band scene late 80s/early 90s then work and commuting took over and I didn't touch the guitar for nearly 20 years, then last summer I suddenly got a buzz for it again, bought 3 new guitars and play every day. Because I was self-taught first time round, I found a super online teaching site and basically started from scratch - but now, because I have structure to my learning and so many tools available these days, my knowledge is much more thorough, even if I'm not as well practised as yet. Loving it.

We got a gig tonight, so I will load the van soon.
That's the one drawback, I'm the only one with a van and as we practice in my shed I am left to load up all the stuff and unload it later.
Currently it is 36 degrees, sweaty bollocks time!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
We got a gig tonight, so I will load the van soon.
That's the one drawback, I'm the only one with a van and as we practice in my shed I am left to load up all the stuff and unload it later.
Currently it is 36 degrees, sweaty bollocks time!

That's normally what drummers are for !

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
That's normally what drummers are for !

Yeah, they all make promises to come and help, but something always gets in the way.
If I ever forget anything, I always have a one word answer, 'tough'.
They are also good at emptying the beer fridge.
I have put a tin out now for contributions to buying a block of 24 bottles and they actually put money in it, but only after I let the fridge run dry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here