Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Johnson

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Funnily enuff, I was on the bus going up to Withers on Sat & I heard some old Northern chap saying he (Gary Johnson) had been sacked that morning! :ohmy:

I didn't think Soothsayers wore bobble hats tbh, but I guess they must move with the times innit.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Another joke decision in my view. When will owners realise that stability gets you results. Bizarre.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Must have been a fair old spat - no announcement of a caretaker yet.
Boro fans seem keen on getting the wife beater Ferguson back but can't see McAnthony allowing that so guess it will be untried Mark Robson (1st team coach and ex coach at Gillingham) in charge against us.

All they need now is to announce Boyd is going (Norwich are after him) and all may become clear

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Gary Johnson announed he wanted to sign several defenders to shore up the worst defence in the division and the chairman probably said no unless you sell other players first - Boyd and Mickail-Smith? No one else worth buying.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
their chairman must be approaching the qpr record for most managers in a short period of time?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I have just spoken with someone I know who is very close to Steve Johnson ( Gary’s brother) who is a manager at county league level.

Apparently his departure was as a result of a breakdown in relationship with Peterborough’s chairman, Gary Johnson was finding it increasingly difficult to do his job due to the chairman wanting to pick the team and generally interfere with the daily running of the team as well as transfers, I think we can assume from this Johnson is no YES man, good on him for not standing for his shit.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Their chairman is proper funny, wouldn't be surprised to see him in the dug out come Sat having put himself in charge of team affairs.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Or what about Barry Fry to 'steady the ship' for a few games.

Altogether now...Cheer up barry fry...oh what can it mean....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here