JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Never gonna happen.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
There is no way we will spend £1m plus on a single player.

It's pretty clear we will get/need a 20-25 goal striker how much would you say one of those would cost? I'm not disagreeing with you but look at players like Lambert and Barnard those players are a valuable commodity hence the price.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It's pretty clear we will get/need a 20-25 goal striker how much would you say one of those would cost? I'm not disagreeing with you but look at players like Lambert and Barnard those players are a valuable commodity hence the price.

Agree with all that you say. I think we may get someone from overseas as our money will go a lot further and Poyet's name can carrya lot of weight in somewhere like Spain for example.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Agree with all that you say. I think we may get someone from overseas as our money will go a lot further and Poyet's name can carrya lot of weight in somewhere like Spain for example.

I think it is a distinct possibility that we will see a couple of foreign players coming here similar to Swansea under Martinez. I would also like to see a proven striker from these shores also.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I love some of the transfer suggestions on here, delusions of grandeur springs to mind :laugh:

To be fair it wasn't started on here, it was part of Argus story. Still bobbins though

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
To be fair it wasn't started on here, it was part of Argus story. Still bobbins though

Fair enough, apologies for that one then! I had a pop at some of the suggestions on here but some of the rumours in the papers are ridiculous.

Palace to signing Kily Gonzalez and Obafemi Martins were a few past favourites!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So, what were the chances of Sol Cambell and Kasper Schmeichel joining a crap Leage 2 team?

A viable league two team? Zero.

Which is why one lasted five minutes and the other has negotiated a pay-off to leave on a free next week.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Really surprised at Naylor even mentioning his name.

No chance IMO

Naylor did get the Arsemendy thing right. Why not join us? There are clubs that are obviously more attractive but there are a great number of clubs who are not in the position we are in & if a player is looking at his future I think we offer a great deal now that we never did before & a lot of clubs will really have to live within their means from now on so I don't see why not. We are going to be an attractive proposition for an ambitious player. I believe we will be attracting players of a much higher calibre. Hendry may be in the latter days of his career but is still a great player & he would love to sign a permanent deal with us & I think we will see the construction of a legendary Brighton & Hove Albion squad & although I see us through rose tinted spectacles there will be a lot of players out there who do have a good head on their shoulders & will want to be a part of what is definitely going to be the birth of a great football dynasty under Gus & Tony.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here