Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart's Testimonial Brochure

summer

Apr 11, 2007
1998/99 season. I think it was against Shrewsbury. He started running from the half way line on the right, beating several defenders on his way, and shot past the keeper into the back of the net. A superb solo goal, or so I was told!! I missed it 'cos as he started his run everyone around me stood up and because I'm short all I saw were peoples heads and then I knew he'd scored when the crowd roared. I had never seen that goal until last week when I bought Harty's Birthday DVD. It was well worth the wait.... superb :yahoo:
I'm also a fan of the Posh Spice song - great laugh

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
But my over-riding impression of Harty is of a tenacious, never-say-die, pretty skillful, fast (before his broken leg) striker, who could wind up the opposition beautifully then walk away form the carnage. He wears/wore his shirt with pride and he is someone who you definitely want on your side.

Top bloke. :bowdown:

I think that sums him up perfectly.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
met him at the Blackpool hilton before the Blackpool game in Sept 2000 when we were not doing so well. Had a chat and he said he would do it for us that night. He scored a 20 yarder, we won 2.0, didnt get beat for ages and won the championship. Love the guy - he is down to earth and gies 110%

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
met him at the Blackpool hilton before the Blackpool game in Sept 2000 when we were not doing so well. Had a chat and he said he would do it for us that night. He scored a 20 yarder, we won 2.0, didnt get beat for ages and won the championship. Love the guy - he is down to earth and gies 110%

That was during the petrol crisis wasn't it? I was there for that. Somehow we managed to take 500+ on a Tuesday night.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
That was during the petrol crisis wasn't it? I was there for that. Somehow we managed to take 500+ on a Tuesday night.

Yep thats the one. Great atmosphere in that wooden stand by the side. I got there on the train, I think the A21 minibus made it too

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
And I remember him being sent off against Wimbledon for a punch/slap/coming together which didn't actually happen. The Wimbledon player ended up on his backside, and the ref (Joe Ross) who wasn't even looking, sent Harty off.

I remember that, the Wimbledon player went down like he'd been shot, almost caused a riot the cheating git!!

I think the best thing that I can say about Harty is that he was the heartbeat of the team, in that if the rest of 'em were having shockers he was the one that always relentlessly pounded away regardless.

I've never seen him look like he isn't trying.

:bowdown:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I remember having on of those DIY shirt letter and number kits and trying to squeeze "Oh Gary Hart, Gary Gary Gary Hart 9" onto the back of the Donatello shirt and failing miserably.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I was up at Blackpool for that.

Great atmosphere - 500+ Albion fans singing 'We Ain't Got No Petrol...' to the tune of the then-popular 'Let's All Have A Disco'.

Some people finally got back to Sussex on Thursday afternoon...:lol:

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
1998/99 season. I think it was against Shrewsbury. He started running from the half way line on the right, beating several defenders on his way, and shot past the keeper into the back of the net. A superb solo goal, or so I was told!! I missed it 'cos as he started his run everyone around me stood up and because I'm short all I saw were peoples heads and then I knew he'd scored when the crowd roared. I had never seen that goal until last week when I bought Harty's Birthday DVD. It was well worth the wait.... superb :yahoo:
I'm also a fan of the Posh Spice song - great laugh

I think that is my same memory, but it was against Cambridge at Pikeyfield. We'd been rubbish and were 3-0 down and it was almost like he'd thought "f*ck this" I'm gonna do this on my own. Made the journey worthwhile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here