Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gary harts boxing night details

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
what is a lounge suit? and why are the tickets so rubbish, i could photocopy that and take along 10 mates

The tickets are merely a recognised device of giving somebody something tangible in exchange for their money.

They are not intended to be used "in exchange for entry"

This is a dining evening, not a terrace, and so there would be nowhere for your 10 mates to go as all seats/tables are allocated

:)

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, I was wondering that? What IS a lounge suit? Is it a suit you've slobbed around in for a couple of days?

Lounge Suit really means "Black Tie not required"

a number of Boxing afficianados will be aware that Black Tie is usually de rigeur at these type of events ... and I am sure there will be some wearing that tonight.

However, Black Tie is not really Gary, and so lounge suit really means jacket, shirt with a collar and trousers ... you don't even need a tie. (and I guess a jacket isn't essential as most would hang it on the back of their chairs and sit there in shirt sleeves anyway)

So basically come in what you feel comfortable, but jeans, trainers, t-shirt etc would be a little under dressed

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Damn it, i was going to turn up in full play off 91 pink kit with matching shorts

oh, and I was not actually going to photo copy the ticket, i was just pointing out that it seems weird that the wicket is just a white piece of a5 paper with black ink on it, which it good for the touters outside

looking forward to dinner too

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
View attachment 6303 only just over 2 weeks to go untill the boxing night be nice to see a few of the fans there for a good night. all the players and most of the staff will be there including steve foster and the famous havent playersand the chairman. come along and join me. :thumbsup::thumbsup::dance::catfight:

Harty, can't make the Boxing Night, but I really want to support your year to say thanks for all you have done for this club.

Do you have a schedule of other planned events?

Thank you.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Other "GARY HART" activities

Sunday March 16th Race Day @ Withdean Hospitality (Filmed Racing)

Thursday April 3rd : Golf Day @ East Brighton

Saturday May 3rd : Summer Dinner/Dance @ Metropole

TBC (June) : Real Race Day/Night at Fontwell Races

Late July : Testimonial Match vs Premiership Opposition TBC (v.close to confirming)

garyhart.testimonial@gmail.com for more info

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Quality night last night, Great meal, and loads of drinks.
Good to see the team all there in good spirits mingling with the fans and presenting trophies. Steve Foster and Teddy Maybank also attended as did a fine arrange of WAG's and of course Gullys Girls who were kept extremely busy selling raffle tickets and £5 for the £5 game

Loads of money must have been raised with the auction items going for well over £600 a lot of the time, but that did include signed Ricky Hatton shorts, signed England football shirt, signed white kit from palace game, signed Celtic shirt, signed Tony Adams Arsenal shirt.
Dean Bowditch was bidding on loads of the stuff, but didn’t actually win anything in the end.

Quality night, and Gary seemed extremely appreciative of all the praise going his way.

It was weird watching 8 years olds boxing, sure it must have been illegal, I think there was only one match which involved over 16s, and the only knock out came in the last fight

Why was it the players were exempt from the dress code, all turning up in their jeans and array of All Saints jumpers, skinny ties and belts

Great night, and well deserved for a true Brighton legend

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Thanks to all who attended, bought raffle tickets, auction bidding etc. And a special thank you to Gullys Girls, Liz Costa and Sarah Watts for all their hard work on the night.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Why was it the players were exempt from the dress code, all turning up in their jeans and array of All Saints jumpers, skinny ties and belts

So that people recognise them - as so few go to the games these days :laugh:

It was weird watching 8 years olds boxing, sure it must have been illegal, I think there was only one match which involved over 16s, and the only knock out came in the last fight

I think the youngest was 12 actually, and all the fights after the interval were O16. Organisers had hoped to include an all-girl fight, but while one of the girls turned up and was weighed in, the other was a late withdrawal due to a virus.

Sadly ABA regulations prevent mixed Boxing so the poor girl who turned up hung around all night and didn't get on.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I understand Teddy maybank was seen slouched on the pavement talking to God!!!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
So that people recognise them - as so few go to the games these days :laugh:

I think the youngest was 12 actually, and all the fights after the interval were O16. Organisers had hoped to include an all-girl fight, but while one of the girls turned up and was weighed in, the other was a late withdrawal due to a virus.

Sadly ABA regulations prevent mixed Boxing so the poor girl who turned up hung around all night and didn't get on.

The players also did a cheeky one and changed the table numbers so they could be ringside - :rolleyes:

We were all looking forward to Trisha vs Anna, shame it didnt happen

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I understand Teddy maybank was seen slouched on the pavement talking to God!!!

He danced round my table several times, with his shirt open and untucked - singing away to himself, even though there was no music! He was probably the reason Steve Foster (nearly put FORSTER!) made a hasty retreat just after the interval along with Danny, Worthing Manager.
Mr Coach was delighted to win the 'Director for a Day' prize, and promises not only to make some serious changes on that day but to sucessfully negotiate all the players contracts that are up this year, whilst reducing admin costs! Lol!

I'm glad they found some different music by the second half - I was getting a bit sick of the theme tune from 'Rocky'! The food was very nice, and we didn't have to make small talk with anyone as the rest of our table didn't turn up! It was quite romantic really with just the two of us snuggled up with 9 starters, meals and desserts! What a pig-fest! Glory glory hallelujiah! It was nice to meet Brett and have a chat with me old mates, Ed and Roz. The promised fight between Tommy Frazer and Elphick never emerged :)jester:) and the players looked very casually dressed, except Nicky, who was wearing a lovely tanktop and shirt.

I thought Ian Hart did a great ring announcers job and was very entertaining with his banter and ice-breakers, which believe me, is not as easy as it sounds when you're in the middle of a boxing ring talking to 300 people! Well done Ian and the organisers of the evening. I hope Gary has a great (and lucrative) year, he's a been a great and loyal player for the club and I'm really pleased he's getting a look in for the squad at the moment. Gawd bless ya OGH! :ascarf:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Thank you for your kind words Paula, and you could have sat on one of my tables as two didn't show due to 'domestic' issues.

But they weren't the only ones, after Gary had been 10 years at the club I was suprised at a number of notable absentees.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thank you for your kind words Paula, and you could have sat on one of my tables as two didn't show due to 'domestic' issues.

But they weren't the only ones, after Gary had been 10 years at the club I was suprised at a number of notable absentees.

who didnt go then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here