Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What a JOKE this whole thread is! Yes, i'm sure Harty's thinking 'i want to break this blokes career' despite it almost having been done to him! He wins the ball with 95% of his tackles, and his sliding tackles are his best asset. So he made a dirty tackle? Bugger me, I've never seen a player do that before:rolleyes:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
What a JOKE this whole thread is! Yes, i'm sure Harty's thinking 'i want to break this blokes career' despite it almost having been done to him! He wins the ball with 95% of his tackles, and his sliding tackles are his best asset. So he made a dirty tackle? Bugger me, I've never seen a player do that before:rolleyes:

OGH is a nasty piece of work when all's said and done. OK, he's OUR nasty piece of work, but there's limits y'know, beyond which it's counter-productive to the team. Looked for all the world like he wanted to DO that bloke today. For no particular reason. That's not good. :nono:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
If Hart doesn't get another contract it'll be a travesty

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
brightonfan_86 said:
Absolute dreadful tackle from OGH. Really needs to be fined for it.

have you guys never played football? and are you part of this pc "kick the ball out of play when someone falls over" brigade?

Ok Harty went through the player but he's not the first player to tackle from behind. As for deliberately tring to break his opponent's leg, well you rarely break it with a tackle from behind. Yes the red mist came down but in the heat of the battle the offender rarely considers the consequences.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Anyone who's played football can tell when one player goes in to injure another. That's exactly what that tackle was. Of course it happens all the time, but it was stupidity - if only from a selfish point of view, it allowed them to kill the game for five minutes, when we should have been hitting them with everything we had to get straight back into it. Disappointing to see.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'd rather see OGH in the side than the likes of Mayo, Carpenter and Hammond. They were woeful beyond belief today. Slow, devoid of any pace or passion and singularly lacking in interest. They should be ashamed to pick up their pay packets. I've seen many a stronger midfield in Sunday league teams.

:nono:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Repugnant Toad said:
Anyone who's played football can tell when one player goes in to injure another. That's exactly what that tackle was.

oh, so all ex footballers are mind readers?

Not sure how close you were to the incident but clearly close enough not only to see OGH's eyes but also to read his mind!

(but I agree it did look an intentional foul)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
timbha said:
oh, so all ex footballers are mind readers?

Not sure how close you were to the incident but clearly close enough not only to see OGH's eyes but also to read his mind!

Behave. OGH wanted to DO that bloke. Your incoherent mumbo-jumbo above is neither here nor there.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Tom Hark said:
Behave. OGH wanted to DO that bloke. Your incoherent mumbo-jumbo above is neither here nor there.

"DO that bloke", and "is neither here nor there", me incoherent?

I agree that OGH looked like he intentionally went through the player but some of the comments about deliberately trying to break his leg are a bit extreme.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
timbha said:
"DO that bloke", and "is neither here nor there", me incoherent?

Here's your incoherent quote:

"oh, so all ex footballers are mind readers? Not sure how close you were to the incident but clearly close enough not only to see OGH's eyes but also to read his mind!"

Bunch of arse, that.

OGH was BANG out of order in trying to - yeah - DO that bloke.

What's to discuss?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Tom Hark said:
Here's your incoherent quote:

"oh, so all ex footballers are mind readers? Not sure how close you were to the incident but clearly close enough not only to see OGH's eyes but also to read his mind!"

Bunch of arse, that.

OGH was BANG out of order in trying to - yeah - DO that bloke.

What's to discuss?

nothing more, I rest my case......

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Having watched Junior break his leg it was a totally innocent challenge for a 50/50 ball that went horribly wrong.

I thought it was a wreckless challenge to say the least and the player should at the very least be warned about future conduct.

It has taken Junior over a year to really get back to where he was so I can only imagine it is a devastating injury for a professional player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here