Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
God, why does even saying this make me feel guilty, like I've been caught kicking a small puppy? :)

........and so you should. Shame on you!

Unfortunately I agree. As the Bard would have said (had football been invented at the time) there is a tide in the affairs of men...........
Well. the tide has turned for our Gary.

Never mind the Gus Bus. It's time for a coach trip. Hope it goes well :)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Gary Hart for Crawley Town...... seriously, I reckon league 2 newbee's he would offer a lot

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Hopefully Gary Hart will be nowhere near the first team for the rest of this season, he has been adequately rewarded for his 'loyalty' and now this is about the future.
I want the team to win the last 4 matches and if we start giving the likes of Hart a game then the momentum we have built up will be lost. If anyone should get a game then I want to see Dunk, Caskey or Agdesten in the squad not Hart.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Why do so many people write off Gary Hart. He is a talented player and is extremly versatile. He reads the game well puts in 100% and can play in Gus's system. We should celebrate the fact he is still in contention, he has been on the bench a lot and if he plays it will be down to merit.

I believe he will be a great assest in our squad for next season and the only reason he will leave is either to get regular first team football or pursue other buisness avenues.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, several.

Over many seasons.

No offence Al, but if bigger and higher placed clubs were beating down our doors to sign Kerry Mayo, then I'm Dolly Parton. We'd have bitten their bloody hands off at the chance of a fee for him or Hart. Mayo was a loyal but limited servant of the club, an average third division standard left back who lacked pace. Nice bloke I'm sure, but let's not make him out to be something he wasn't. Reading?! The club that had Nicky Shorey at the time?

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Spoke to gary a few years back and he said he is considering getting qualified in physiotherapy..gus as manager, tanno, charlie, harty all in there

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sadly Gary's time at the Albion as a player is over. He has been a terrific servant of the club and I'm sure he'll get his well deserved applause when the squad receive their medals at the trophy presentation, but as others have said it would be more useful for the likes of Dunk, Caskey and Adgestein to get pitch time before the season is out.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No offence Al, but if bigger and higher placed clubs were beating down our doors to sign Kerry Mayo, then I'm Dolly Parton. We'd have bitten their bloody hands off at the chance of a fee for him or Hart. Mayo was a loyal but limited servant of the club, an average third division standard left back who lacked pace. Nice bloke I'm sure, but let's not make him out to be something he wasn't. Reading?! The club that had Nicky Shorey at the time?

Well, he could have been dealing in bare-faced lies, Dolly.

Kerry was, however, very much wanted by the Albion during his time here, rated very much higher than you rate him. And it seems, rated quite highly by higher-placed clubs. Besides, Coppell didn't want Kerry as a left-back at Reading. He didn't play that position here under him.

Plus his best season for us was in the Second Division.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Why would Kerry lie on public radio?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

I said hello, dolly,......well, hello, dolly
It's so nice to have you back where you belong
You're lookin' swell, dolly.......i can tell, dolly
You're still glowin'...you're still crowin'...you're still goin' strong
I feel that room swayin'......while the band's playin'
One of your old favourite songs from way back when
So..... take her wrap, fellas.......find her an empty lap, fellas
Dolly'll never go away again

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Start Harty at Notts County then take him off just after half time so he gets the applause and replace him with Gus for the second half.

Gus has already said it's easier to manage clubs you have played for so make him have a run out and thats one less reason for him to leave for spurs or chelski :)

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
It's fair to say that Harty is unlikely to get another contract,but let's not forget the impact he made in keeping us up a couple of seasons ago.with the title in the bag I think his contribution to the club should not be ignored & he should be given a run out against Huddersfield.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Deserves it's own thread Braders (although it's probably been done by now), as there really shouldn't be any negativity on it.

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
A true Albion legend, look forward to him scoring the winner on July 16

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here