Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
I think most of us realise that Gary will not be with us next season. Although Gus has shown that he is not a sentimental manager I believe that, with the tile won, Gary should start the Huddersfield game so that we can give him the send off he deserves.

A legend

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would bring him on with 20 minutes to go, and take him off in the 90th.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I hope that the club can find a role for him - working with the development squad or something. He's a great bloke.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hope that the club can find a role for him - working with the development squad or something. He's a great bloke.

I agree. He turned down Orient in January to stay with us. Hopefully the reserves will win the semi final on 28th April and then he'll get his chance to play at the Amex in the Sussex Senior Cup final and fans to say farewell and thanks then. A fitting finish to his playing career.

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
He was kept on as he is a such a great pro and been here through the thick and thin. A testimonial at the Amex beckons...

It would be great to see him make one last appearance, even if only as a sub.

But from memory he needs one more start to get him to 200 or 300, so that would be fitting.

Bringing him on as a sub wouldn't be a problem, but starting with him might.

Whatever happens, he's been a great servant to the club.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I think most of us realise that Gary will not be with us next season. Although Gus has shown that he is not a sentimental manager I believe that, with the tile won, Gary should start the Huddersfield game so that we can give him the send off he deserves.

A legend
It would be his 300th league start for us as well. He's been on 299 for quite some time now!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If he's only got 1 more game to go for his 300th then start the man in the last game of the season.

That's more of a special occasion than any 100 points or the like is.

If Gus wants to blood a few youngsters in the last couple of games - as he should - there's no reason why he couldn't start with OGH and bring him off, even if he only gets 20 or 30 minutes. That would give plenty of remaining time for the youngster, would give OGH his 300th appearance and also give the fans a last chance to give him a standing ovation.

Three good reasons to do it, in my book.

simply the best

Feb 23, 2011
he does need to stay with us , if you cut him open he would bleed blue and white

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
he does need to stay with us , if you cut him open he would bleed blue and white

This, the man is a legend in my opinion...a great servant of the club...I am sure that a role can be found for him at the club somewhere, possibly working in the football in the community area or hosting VIPs on matchday, he would be a perfect ambassador.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Bearing in mind that Cullip, Rogers and Oatway have roles with the club. There must be something for Hart.

He may not have been our best player but to survive this long at a club that has had as many ups and downs as ours is an achievement in itself.

Club legend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here