The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
How do you know?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Massive pay cut.That is very shrewed by Adams.Well done Micky,now i don't mind Hart getting a new deal.By the sounds of it,it won't eat to much into Adams budget:clap2:
Now offer Mayo the same deal.Two players for the price of one.

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
How many more backward steps by the club !!! Dick Knight cleary dosen't understand the word FORWARD - these were his own words in May - We are a club moving forward and a great pace

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
How many more backward steps by the club !!! Dick Knight cleary dosen't understand the word FORWARD - these were his own words in May - We are a club moving forward and a great pace

perhaps.....just perhaps.....he trusts Mickey's judegement?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Both good back up squad players who will play their part this season imo. There will be games where we need players with experience due to injuries and throwing untried youngsters will not be the solution. For example Leeds away, in a weakened side due to injury or suspension, I'd rather see those two than a couple of kids with 3 games to their name turn out.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Oh come on Brighton!!! Get a bit more cheesy please!

This should have only been anounced at Gary harts Testimonial - breaking news exclusive!

It would have been fantastic.

If the club did this sort of thing not only would it create a buzz but friendlies might be more popular, despite the ridiculous price might I add!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Gary Hart has been offered a new contract by Albion.

The 31-year-old midfielder was released by former manager Dean Wilkins after ten years at the club earlier this summer.

But new boss Micky Adams wanted to take another look at the player who played under him during his first spell in charge of the Seagulls.

And Hart revealed today that Adams wants him to sign a new deal.

He said: ³I¹ve been offered a contract and I¹ll get back to Micky.

³I¹ll be taking a massive pay cut but that doesn¹t mean anything to me. I just want to be part of this club.

³When Micky came back I made it perfectly clear to him that if he wanted me here I¹d love to stay.

³I¹ll work as hard as possible to get in his team.

³I¹ve only had two run-outs in pre-season and need to get fitter.

³I¹ve been busy organising my testimonial match against Charlton on Saturday but the contract is there. There¹s no rush, I¹ll sign it.² Hart captained an Albion side to a 3-1 win over his former club Stansted in a friendly last night.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Well done Harty. He won't figure unless he proves in training he is good enough....so nothing to worry about. His enthusiasm for BHA is infectious in the dressing room. One you need in the trenches.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
would rather have seen a contract offered to mayo. in the positions hart can play, we have ample cover. right back - whing, el abd, virgo. right midfield - cox, robinson, mcleod. up front - forster, murray, dixon, gatting, gargan

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
would rather have seen a contract offered to mayo. in the positions hart can play, we have ample cover. right back - whing, el abd, virgo. right midfield - cox, robinson, mcleod. up front - forster, murray, dixon, gatting, gargan

Don't expect to see McLeod play right wing, or Dixon/Gatting to do ANYTHING.

Yeah, odd though that nothing has been said re: Mayo. As you say, decent left back cover, and even with Richards back we need someone to push him for a place. And as pointed above, to get Hart AND Mayo for the price of one player would be a good bit of business. Perhaps he's a bit more reluctant to take a pay cut.???

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I still think he can do a job. When we played him in defence, we kept out a couple of decent teams last year. 100% committed to the cause and I am very pleased for him. He won't let anyone down.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

and Mcloed played centre forwrd, second half at H&W...

Don't expect to see McLeod play right wing, or Dixon/Gatting to do ANYTHING.

Yeah, odd though that nothing has been said re: Mayo. As you say, decent left back cover, and even with Richards back we need someone to push him for a place. And as pointed above, to get Hart AND Mayo for the price of one player would be a good bit of business. Perhaps he's a bit more reluctant to take a pay cut.???

Cover, yes. Push Richards for his place? Hardly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here