Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart was played out of position against Leeds

I know he was originally bought as a centre-forward (unlike London Oirish, I did follow the Albion before it was fashionable), but Micky Adams soon realised he wasn't much cop in that position and switched him to a right-sided midfielder where he's pretty much played ever since.

So yes, well done McGhee for playing someone out of position and getting the desired (excellent) result. :clap: :clap:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So OGH was not played out of position coz he was a centre forward originally

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was bought by Brian Horton as a centre forward so perhaps MA was wrong to move him to right midfield.

It is ironic that people on here are slagging off MM for playing players out of position and then quote MA as one who changed a players position.

OGH must be getting towards a testimonial I would think when did he join us 97?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Ah but if a player plays well in a position that he doesn't usually play does that mean that he is played out of position or theoretically that he is being played in his position.

OGH was a good Div 3 forward, mainly due to his pace. Was it 12 goals he scored in his first full year, par with the Bear and Minton.

But he did not have the quality of a Div 2 forward, his asset is (was) his pace, strength, fighting and never give up spirit. But not finishing.

Plus that little run he likes to go on every so often: Tranmere, Grimsby etc.

Great bloke and a key element of our never giving up attitude.

LC

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
He played the best I have ever seen him play today. One a lot of balls and looked hungry. Well deserved his goal. Maybe he is the answer to our striker problem. At the very least he as given the others something to thing about.

Safeway said:
I know he was originally bought as a centre-forward (unlike London Oirish, I did follow the Albion before it was fashionable), but Micky Adams soon realised he wasn't much cop in that position and switched him to a right-sided midfielder where he's pretty much played ever since.

So yes, well done McGhee for playing someone out of position and getting the desired (excellent) result. :clap: :clap:

Are you listening Bucky, this Safeway lad speaks sense :D

BensGrandad said:
OGH must be getting towards a testimonial I would think when did he join us 97?

from the club site:
"Gary was famously signed by Brian Horton for a £1000 plus a set of playing kit in 1998, from Essex League Stansted. Arguably one of the best-value buys in the club's history, Harty has played over 300 games for Albion. He helped the club to two Championships and was one of the players to lead the Seagulls to victory at the Millennium Stadium in 2004."

only one Gary Hart!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here