Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Gary Hart is a hasbeen :salute: :salute:

Ignored by all - big it up my fellow ARS :lolol: :wave:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Gary Hart is for me and will always be one of my fave Albion players.

I often recall around a campfire with a guitar a song about a man who came to town for the mesely sum of 1000 quid and a playing kit.

Surely one of the great feel good stories in the clubs history.

Does he earn his testimonial next year?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Gary Hart is to Brighton what Peter Beardsley was to Liverpool. Plucked from obscurity for an absurd transfer fee (a freezer full of ice cream from Carlisle United, or Vancouver Whitecaps, or something) and in the end, a total LEGEND.

Go on Gary, we dare you to post on here. Butters does.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Theatre of Trees said:

Interestingly read a quote today by Martin O'Neill about Stefan Moore playing out wide saying that it's good for players to play out of position in order to learn how other positions are played.

Fair comment, though unlike LUKE Moore, he is a bit long in the tooth, to be learning his trade.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Gary Hart is to Brighton what Peter Beardsley was to Liverpool. Plucked from obscurity for an absurd transfer fee (a freezer full of ice cream from Carlisle United, or Vancouver Whitecaps, or something) and in the end, a total LEGEND.

Go on Gary, we dare you to post on here. Butters does.

Newcastle flogged Beardsley to Liverpool....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Theatre of Trees said:

Interestingly read a quote today by Martin O'Neill about Stefan Moore playing out wide saying that it's good for players to play out of position in order to learn how other positions are played.

Luke Moore.

:)

And that Gabriel Agbonlahore or whatever it is.

I always thought that many of the players and staff read NSC occasionally. It's a way to look in on the fans pov without having the pressure of having anything direct at/for them.

If I was a pro player for a league club, I'd sign onto the fans' website under an anonymous name....and I'd post loads of threads about what a great asset I am to the team and should always be first on the teamsheet.
It's tempting to do that even now, "NMH for the BHAFC squad, could do a job"

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
FalmerforAll!** said:
Posh Spice is a slapper
But to prove she not a prat,
Whilst she's shagging Beckham
She's reading North Stand Chat.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
:lolol:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not for using the word "legend" liberally and I'm not sure that OGH qualifies in my book.

However he comes bloody close.

I cannot recall a player who's appeared in so many positions on the pitch ... striker, right midfield, left midfield (I believe), right back and I think left back for part of a game .... and given 100% in every position ... and played consistently well. He may not be the most talented footballer to have ever played for the club, but my god if we'd had more players giving that much for the team we'd most certainly still be in the Championship. Players like CKR in particular would have done well to have taken some tips from our Gary when it comes to effort and commitment.

OGH is a class act and hopefully has a few more seasons to give the Seagulls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here